DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 56 of 110 First ... 646545556575866106 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    In case you didn't see this, the Test channel is updating on Feb 16:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uleset-Updates

The latest updates to the DCC ruleset will be released then as well. This includes a few minor bug fixes:

[Fixed] Minimum damage not applied when damage equals 0.
    [Fixed] Rolling a natural 1 on a spell check displays wrong casting table result.
    [Fixed] Deed result not adding to attack and damage bonuses.
    [Fixed] Trade good 'Trowel' for grave digger occupation currently links to weapon 'Trowel (as dagger)'.
    [Fixed] Case format for farmer occupations does not match other occupations (i.e., capitalize first letter only).
    [Fixed] Thieves’ cant not capitalized when added to language list for first-level thief class drop.
    [Fixed] Backstab bonus not applying to weapon attack bonus when applicable.

I believe the mighty deed bug resulted from the Feb 16 update, so you might not see that one.

I am hosting a Zoom webinar at Spawn of Cyclops Con, and this will include some of the updates planned for early March (see posts #543 and #545). Test channel updates typically go live the following Tuesday. The naming convention for ruleset versions is changing to the date, so it will be easier to tell which version of the ruleset you are running.

Blog Entries
    I want to add a backstab modifier button to the ruleset, and I think the best place for that is below the weapons header where the crit and fumble roll buttons live. The other option would be the modifiers window (+/- button in the upper right corner of the desktop), but it's a little less accessible that way. Ideally, this button will only display when you have the backstab skill. I was also thinking it would be nice to update the damage die for weapons with backstab damage when the button is pressed, rather than creating a new entry.

backstab button.jpg

I'm also thinking about adding the thrown weapon category to weapon entries - same as 5E. Two reasons for this... The first is that I want to mirror the 5E ruleset as closely as possible so players don't need to learn a whole new ruleset interface to join a DCC game. Most games on FG by far are 5E. The second reason is that it looks like we will be able to measure distance between source and target tokens in the future, and it would be great to apply range modifiers to targeted attacks/damage at some point. Thrown weapons add your strength modifier to damage at short range in DCC. I know DCC doesn't officially designate a thrown weapon, but we all know what they are - daggers, handaxes, etc.

My preference for the backstab button is where it is shown in your picture. The +/- button in the upper desktop is clunky and hard to remember.

Yeah, I agree with RaSep. I would rather see the Backstab button on the character sheet instead of in the Modifiers Window. The less widows people are juggling the better. And thrown weapons make sense mechanically.

Blog Entries
    So, this display would never happen, but I'm leaning towards this option for the top of the weapons list. I think the checkboxes will be easier than the modifier button for scripting.

I'm trying to make these alternate attack modes (2WF and backstab) more intuitive. When two-weapon fighting is active, the attack die could be auto-adjusted from a d20 based on your agility score. The ruleset already does that for effects that alter your agility. In theory, you could make both attacks with one entry by toggling the hand icon between primary and off-hand. Right now, the weapons list gets too jammed up with different entries.

weapons list.jpg

That would be nice, two-weapon fighting and backstab together take up a lot of space on the character sheet.

Blog Entries
    True, I could shorten the 2-Weapon Fighting label to 2WF, 2-Wpn Ftg, or 2-Weap Fight. Still working on that.

I’m also wondering if it’s necessary to have duplicate entries for thrown weapons rather than just toggling the type icon from melee to thrown. I’ve been following 5E convention so probably will stick to that, but just wondering...

1) I didn't mean the labels on 2WF and Backstab, I meant the multiple entries of weapons; but shortening the labels works too as we may find other labels we want to add eventually.

2) I think having the weapon attack type (melee, thrown) display out is ok, because it's newbie friendly and a knowledgeable player can simply remove that and toggle for themselves if they want. Plus with adding thrown to the toggle, that would be a 4 click process to go full circle, a bit annoying for some folk. I think for newbies, the less clicking the better.

3) On a side note I noticed that when setting up new skills there is not a default "dice" field entry and so it creates a null value error if you forget; it would be nice to have a default entry of either d20 or d10.

Blog Entries
    I’m going to follow the 5E ruleset when it comes to adding weapons, which means separate melee and thrown entries. I plan to remove the TWF type, so there will be 3 types - melee, ranged, and thrown.

Edit: I fixed the script error for new skills - the roll assumes a d20 if not specified. When you drop a skill directly to the char sheet (not from a class drop), it will now add the dice or modifier for your current level.
    Last edited by leozelig; February 14th, 2021 at 23:05.

Blog Entries
    Everything seems to be working here... When you click the backstab checkbox, the attack bonus (and damage dice if applicable) will update. I'm going to set up the crit die to auto-roll when you hit. Next on my list is two-weapon fighting. I hope to have that ready to go by early March!

backstab off.jpgbackstab on.jpg

Thread Information