FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 109 First ... 234561454104 ... Last
    Just purchased the DCC Rule set and on Startup I get these errors.

Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (rF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (gF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (bF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (pF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)

Any idea what to do to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post

Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (rF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (gF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (bF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
    Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (pF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)

Please provide a screenshot of the chat window upon loading your campaign so we can see exact ruleset versions and any extensions loaded.

Note: I've deleted your other post reporting this exact error, so we can keep the report and any feedback all in one place.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here ya go. And there were multiple post because I could not actually Find the DCC support section and thread at first. But here is the screen shot yoiu asked for.

DCC Version.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yougotnick View Post
    Has anybody tried creating new classes? I attempted to copy one of the existing classes to create a class from the Umerican Survival Guide but realized that I don't know how to link the new class to a table like "Table 1-10: Warrior" for the character sheet to pull the bonuses and saves from. Would appreciate any guidance!
    For a custom class to auto-update with char sheet drops, you would need to create an extension with the table info in the scripts/data_common file. Copyright would prevent you from sharing that extension without permission from the publisher.

For the table, try creating a link in the formatted text (right-click for radial menu) and drag the table to that link.

Blog Entries
    I will fix that error, msbranin - thank you for reporting it. With the latest Core RPG update, many of the dice previously defined by the ruleset are now defined in Core RPG. This will be a simple fix. The dF is not used anywhere in the ruleset, so apart from the annoying error, the ruleset should still function properly.

Blog Entries

One more question: Are you running on the Test channel? Release of DCC RPG v1.1 was supposed to be held until CoreRPG v3.3.8 is ready, but I see from your screenshot that you are running DCC RPG v1.1 and CoreRPG v3.3.7. It's easy enough to revert to the previous gameelements.xml file if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    One more question: Are you running on the Test channel? Release of DCC RPG v1.1 was supposed to be held until CoreRPG v3.3.8 is ready, but I see from your screenshot that you are running DCC RPG v1.1 and CoreRPG v3.3.7. It's easy enough to revert to the previous gameelements.xml file if necessary.
    I am not currently running on the test channel, sorry I did not see anywhere that I was supposed to. I just brought the DCC Addon and tried to use it and got those errors.

Also... How do I roll the extra dice. Such as the d30 ect.. Its my first time using a system that does not use traditional dice
    Last edited by msbranin; July 3rd, 2019 at 15:18.

I am not currently running on the test channel, sorry I did not see anywhere that I was supposed to. I just brought the DCC Addon and tried to use it and got those errors.

Also... How do I roll the extra dice. Such as the d30 ect.. Its my first time using a system that does not use traditional dice
    We've rolled this back to the previous version. If you run an update it should fix any problems you are having. Let us know if this resolves the issue.

I just ran an update 3 times. there is nothing to update.

DCC Error.jpg
    Last edited by msbranin; July 3rd, 2019 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    We've rolled this back to the previous version. If you run an update it should fix any problems you are having. Let us know if this resolves the issue.
    I just opened FG for the first time in a few days and updated (9:22PM EST) and now I'm getting the same error as msbranin. The module loads despite the error but it's running slowly for some reason. Moving dice and other elements around is jerky instead of smooth, if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by yougotnick; July 4th, 2019 at 15:21.

Thread Information