DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 109 First ... 2735363738394787 ... Last
    Hello I'm trying to figure out some effect coding. I'm trying to Ignore 2 point of damage received from each attack and raise Fort saves one die higher on the die chain. For the Ignores 2 point of damage I attempted to use DR but it appeared that it would only stop the first 2 damage received. For the die increase of the fort save I was able to use "DIESAV:1" to raise all the saves, but could not figure out how to make it effect Fort only.

Blog Entries
    Hi Boobrother,

Thanks for the question... To raise only your Fort saves, use the effect 'DIESAV:1 fortitude'. That works for attacks (melee or ranged) or abilities (strength, agility, etc.) also - for example, 'DIEATK:1 melee' raises the action die for melee attacks only. The same goes for numerical modifiers (i.e. 'SAVE: 2 fortitude' for +2 bonus to fortitude saves).

Can you clarify what you want the damage reduction to do? Is the NPC dealing damage more than once on its turn and only the first damage is being ignored? It's possible that FG cannot do what you need, but I want to make sure I understand the question first. Post more details for me if you can...

Thanks!
    Leo

The effect is for a 3rd party Drunken Monk class. When drunk they get the following effects: "When under the effects of alcohol a drunken monk ignores 2 point of damage and makes all attack and physical rolls (including Fort saves) at a d24". I read it as each time they are attacked they reduce the damage taken by 2. Thanks in advance. On facebook people were talking about the advantages of different VTT programs, I listed your assistance, availability, and continual feature upgrades as a major selling point of DCC Fantasy Grounds!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobrother View Post
    The effect is for a 3rd party Drunken Monk class. When drunk they get the following effects: "When under the effects of alcohol a drunken monk ignores 2 point of damage and makes all attack and physical rolls (including Fort saves) at a d24". I read it as each time they are attacked they reduce the damage taken by 2. Thanks in advance. On facebook people were talking about the advantages of different VTT programs, I listed your assistance, availability, and continual feature upgrades as a major selling point of DCC Fantasy Grounds!
    I appreciate that Boobrother!

I feel like DR:2 should work for that, but I will check it out. I did recently update the damage script so maybe something is off. Certainly the intention is for that effect to do what you’re asking.

The "reflex", "fortitude", and "willpower" designators do not seem to be working with SAVE or DIESAV; on either platform FGC or FGU. I know they were working before. In fact I am getting script errors when using any of these designators with an effect. Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)

Blog Entries
    I fixed the DR issue. It wasn’t applying when the damage was higher than the DR value. The update will hit the Test channel this Tuesday or next and then Live the Tuesday after that.

I updated the save script to fix the DC bug with Luck checks and get the party sheet saves working. The changes were not much, so I’m sure it’s a simple fix.

Thanks for the bug reports...

Blog Entries
    Just a side comment... Damage reduction for DCC isn’t really addressed in the core rules to my knowledge. As I recall, it’s mentioned in the mummy NPC stats and description, but it’s unclear if it functions like 3.5E rules. I have implemented it as a straight damage adjustment without the nuances of 3.5E DR. If anyone has a different understanding of this, let me know!

Blog Entries
    I submitted a fix for the script error generated by typed modifiers in effects bonuses (i.e. SAVE:2 fortitude). The normal testing process takes a couple weeks before you will see this in the Live version, but you can get this in the Test channel sooner - I'm guessing next Tuesday for Test, and 10/6 for Live.

Hello Leozelig! I hope you are doing well during these crazy times!! I just want to thank you for all of your hard work on DCC. Its awesome and totally appreciated!

I have a wizard that gets to use a D30 roll when casting one of his spells. So, when cast normally (with the spell roll using a d20), everything works as it should. The spell effect comes into the dialouge box and everything! Its awesome. However, for that particular spell, when we hit the +2 die, then cast the spell from the tab under his spells, the die roll works no problem (a D30 result comes up). However, none of the spell effects come into the dialouge box. I also tried to change the actual spell 'die' for that spell to d30 on the PC sheet. I was not able to do that. At least, i couldnt figure that out? Maybe if I did that it would work as intended? Not sure. Either way, it would be good if we could see the spell effects with changes in the dice chain whether down or up if you get what i am saying?

I hope I have been clear enough and you get what I mean? If not, please let me know and Ill try and explain differently.

Cheers,
    ryan

DMrabs, I tested this in live Unity. The +2d button did not produce a chat display from the spell table. However, when I went in and changed the die on the character sheet it worked properly. The way you change the spellcheck die manually follows:
    1) On the Actions Tab of the Character sheet open the spell details by clicking on the 'magnifying glass' at the end of the spell entry; this lists out the cast action and spell effects individually.
    2) Click on the 'magnifying glass' at the end of the Cast/Save entry; this opens a SPELL/ABILITY CHECK window that details the CHECK/SAVE/ON SAVE information.
    3) Right click the 'Dice' field on CHECK and use the radial menu to "Clear Dice".
    4) Drag and Drop the d30 die into the 'Dice' field and you're all good to go.
    Spellcheck Dice change.PNG

Hope this helps.
    Tab

Thread Information