DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 109 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker73 View Post
    I just wanted to say this is awesome work. I just discovered the DCC system, and am anxious to find a FG game. I am an older player going back to Original D&D etc, and am really excited by what I am reading. If anyone knows a group with a space. I would love to try this!!!
    Thank you, Hawker73! It sometimes takes awhile to find a game, but keep trying - something will work out eventually.

Blog Entries
    So, I have been looking at adding ability damage fields for the char sheet. I removed this from an earlier version of the unofficial ruleset because most players in my games struggled with the setup, which is a reflection of code limitations. Similar to the HP field, the char sheet can show the base ability score, ability damage, and the resulting ability modifier - but not the current ability score.

In the screenshot, the 4 points of temporary Str loss has reduced the character's base Str of 13 to 9, resulting in a modifier of +0 instead of +1.

stat loss.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; May 18th, 2019 at 11:57.

Blog Entries
    2e reflects ability reductions on the character sheet for the DM but keeps it hidden from the player. Might that coding be useful to look at?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    2e reflects ability reductions on the character sheet for the DM but keeps it hidden from the player. Might that coding be useful to look at?
    Yes, definitely. Thank you for making me aware of that - I will take a look at it.

Blog Entries
    Here is a list of updates coming soon - this might wait for CoreRPG 3.3.8, or not:

Compatibility with CoreRPG 3.3.8
    [Added] Stat Loss dialog box for tracking permanent and temporary ability score damage. Ability scores with stat loss applied display as a highlighted field and are read-only (see screenshot).
    [Added] Luck die field to Stat Loss dialog box, which automatically updates with class drops for level advancement.
    [Added] Second damage clause to item record for "stealth" weapons.
    [Added] Chat message for critical hit and fumble table results (see screenshot).
    [Added] Item records for potions.
    [Added] NPCs from spell descriptions with complete stat blocks: golem (wood, clay, stone, iron, flesh, precious metal, and gemstone), unerring hunter (lesser and greater), trollish spearman, brownie slinger, hob footman, pixie archer, fomorian, toad hoard, snake swarm, three-headed snake, and tree-man.
    [Fixed] Damage clause for troll claw attack with incorrect format.
    [Fixed] Strength scores for air elemental, water elemental, man-bat, manticore, minotaur, and ogre not displaying on the NPC record.

stat loss.pngcrit fumble chat message.png

These updates look great. Thanks, leozelig!

I'm completely new to FG but I knew I had to make the switch now that there's a DCC ruleset. Thanks for all your hard work on it, leozelig!

Not sure if this is even possible but it would be pretty neat to be able to launch tables from the chat window. For example, a player rolls a crit and the chat displays: "[CRITICAL] (d8/Table III)" - it would save a few clicks to be able to click "(d8/Table III)" to call up that table.
    Last edited by yougotnick; June 11th, 2019 at 02:36.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yougotnick View Post
    Not sure if this is even possible but it would be pretty neat to be able to launch tables from the chat window. For example, a player rolls a crit and the chat displays: "[CRITICAL] (d8/Table III)" - it would save a few clicks to be able to click "(d8/Table III)" to call up that table.
    Thanks, yougotnick! I like your idea, but I do not believe it is possible to link to a table from a chat message.

You might know this already, but... The ruleset has a setting to auto-roll crits and fumbles. Table text for the roll result will display in the chat window. If you want to roll these yourself, all of the the crit/fumble tables are included in the ruleset. Drop the relevant table links to a hotlink at the bottom of your virtual desktop for quick access. Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Thanks, yougotnick! I like your idea, but I do not believe it is possible to link to a table from a chat message.

You might know this already, but... The ruleset has a setting to auto-roll crits and fumbles. Table text for the roll result will display in the chat window. If you want to roll these yourself, all of the the crit/fumble tables are included in the ruleset. Drop the relevant table links to a hotlink at the bottom of your virtual desktop for quick access. Happy gaming!
    I realized this shortly after I posted; super helpful! Thanks also for the tip about the hotlinks, I hadn't noticed those down there.

Has anybody tried creating new classes? I attempted to copy one of the existing classes to create a class from the Umerican Survival Guide but realized that I don't know how to link the new class to a table like "Table 1-10: Warrior" for the character sheet to pull the bonuses and saves from. Would appreciate any guidance!

Thread Information