DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 110 First ... 1523242526273575 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Release 5 is available on the 'Test' channel and will go live on June 23, 2020...

RULESET
    [Added] Luck check (i.e. roll equal to or less than Luck score) can be made by holding the SHIFT key while performing the roll.
    [Added] Dropping a class feature to the Actions tab will create a new power with group name 'Abilities'.
    [Added] Reparse option to radial menu for power entries on Actions tab.
    [Added] Actions and chat message results for cleric abilities (turn unholy, lay on hands, and divine aid).
    [Added] 'Judge's Notes' section to Notes tab on char sheet, visible only to the judge.
    [Added] Ability score damage types, which are applied to the target as a combat tracker effect.
    [Added] Spells tab to NPC sheet.
    [Updated] Additional ranged entry created in weapon list for thrown weapons (e.g. handaxe) when item is dropped to char sheet.
    [Updated] Additional backstab entry created in weapon list for thief class when relevant item is dropped to char sheet.
    [Updated] Effect duration field in actions changed from a number to a string to allow random values (e.g. 1d6+CL). The duration is calculated when the effect is dropped to the CT.
    [Updated] Duration is appended to the CT effect when longer than minutes using the format '[D: <duration> <units>]'.
    [Updated] Additional spell effect actions created for random durations. (Right-click and select 'Reparse' option in the radial menu to apply updates to existing spells on your character sheet.)
    [Updated] Spell names appended to effect actions.
    [Updated] Casting results for custom spells are parsed from the formatted text table in the spell description for chat message.
    [Updated] 'C' button removed from NPC ability scores. Double-click or drag NPC ability score field to roll an ability check (i.e. same as char sheet).
    [Updated] NPC special properties moved to the active/offensive subsection of combat tracker entry.
    [Updated] Standard setting for 'CT: NPC hit points' option rolls random HP when an NPC is dropped to combat tracker and HP are set to 0.
    [Updated] New GM 'Road Judge' icon for chat window.
    [Updated] Skill record with 'Ability' field.
    [Added] Chat message results for DCC Annual canticles/spells and Goodman Games 2019 Yearbook spell.
    [Added] Class data for DCC Annual clerics.

CORE RULES MODULES
    [Fixed] Minor typos.
    [Updated] Abilities added to skill records where applicable.
    Last edited by leozelig; June 18th, 2020 at 10:56.

Blog Entries
    No luck understanding the feature drop issue with FGU. I did make a small change to the abilities tab file with the latest release, so when that goes live next week, I will check this again. If it still doesn't work, I will ask someone smarter than me

Wow! That is an awesome update!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Wow! That is an awesome update!
    Thanks Tabarkus! I have had a little extra time the last few months... I will keep trying to make it better.

Leo, I went onto the Test Server today and tested the new functions. I found a few bugs/typos. This is in UNITY!

1) The lack of spacing or punctuation in the Turn Unholy results for clerics was confusing. An extra space or semicolon before each listing of HD effected would be helpful. What I saw on the results looked like this:
    Turn Range = 60'1 HD = T1d6+CL2
    HD = T1d3+CL

So better isolating the "1 HD" and the "2 HD" would be helpful.

2) Effects are not being applied, neither from the "effects list window" nor the character/NPC sheets. Because of this I couldn't test any of the other cool things you've done with effects.

3) Spells are not being displayed when in "combat mode" on character/NPC sheets. They show up in Preparation and Standard modes.

Every thing else worked perfectly. Thanks for all the work! I'm excited for all the additions you've been making to the ruleset.

Tabarkus
    Last edited by Tabarkus; June 20th, 2020 at 20:31.

Blog Entries
    Leo, I went onto the Test Server today and tested the new functions. I found a few bugs/typos. This is in UNITY!

1) The lack of spacing or punctuation in the Turn Unholy results for clerics was confusing. An extra space or semicolon before each listing of HD effected would be helpful. What I saw on the results looked like this:
    Turn Range = 60'1 HD = T1d6+CL2
    HD = T1d3+CL

So better isolating the "1 HD" and the "2 HD" would be helpful.

2) Effects are not being applied, neither from the "effects list window" nor the character/NPC sheets. Because of this I couldn't test any of the other cool things you've done with effects.

3) Spells are not being displayed when in "combat mode" on character/NPC sheets. They show up in Preparation and Standard modes.

Every thing else worked perfectly. Thanks for all the work! I'm excited for all the additions you've been making to the ruleset.

Tabarkus
    Thanks Tabarkus!

1) I had each of those turn unholy blocks on a new line, so it looks like the new line is not registering for some reason.

2) Definitely need to check that. So are you saying that the effect 'AC: 1' for example is not applying a bonus to armor class, or the effect just isn't dropping into the combat tracker at all?

3) I will check that. In preparation mode, the spell needs to be selected, and the 'Prepared' field needs to be set to 1 or higher for Combat mode to work. I will look at it though...

Appreciate the testing, T!

FG Classic looks better, so it's Unity that's has problem 1) and 3). The Turn Unholy looks great in Classic!

FG Classic gets a script error when you try to apply an effect [Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_dcc.lua"]:31: attempt to concatenate field 'sUnits' (a nil value)]
    ; it isn't dropping into the combat tracker at all. Neither is Unity.

Yes, I checked the Prepared field and Unity still does not show the spells in Combat mode.

Blog Entries
    FG Classic looks better, so it's Unity that's has problem 1) and 3). The Turn Unholy looks great in Classic!

FG Classic gets a script error when you try to apply an effect [Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_dcc.lua"]:31: attempt to concatenate field 'sUnits' (a nil value)]
    ; it isn't dropping into the combat tracker at all. Neither is Unity.

Yes, I checked the Prepared field and Unity still does not show the spells in Combat mode.
    I will check on the text formatting for Unity.

I can fix the spell visibility in 'Combat' mode.

The problem with effects occurs when Targeting is set to 'Targets' and one of the new duration units (turn, week, month, or year) is selected. It works for self targeting and the "standard" units of round, minute, hour, or day. I will continue to work on this.

I tried setting the Targeting on Effects to Self and still neither platform worked. I received the same script error in Classic and in Unity nothing happened.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure about some of the different behaviors between FGC and FGU. For the casting table results, Unity is ignoring new line formatting, for example. I did make MoonWizard aware...

I'm still working on the issue with duration units for effect actions, and the update will remain in the Test channel until I figure it out. Thanks for your help and patience everyone!

Thread Information