DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 110 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Thanks for your continued updates, leozelig!

One question about this one:

I'm curious about which DCC supplements make use of these. In any case, just to make sure: When using the +1d / -1d buttons and rolling a d20, would this result in rolling a d22 / d18 now, instead of d24 / d16? I think it's important that the +/- die buttons continue to be based on the official DCC dice chain, as this could lead to unintended results otherwise.

Along those lines, a minor feature request: Would it be possible to indicate the actual die rolled in the chat window? Currently, it outputs "Judge: [+1d]". But I'd be a lot more confident that I rolled the right die if it said something like "Judge: [d24]", or perhaps both, i.e. "Judge: [+d1 = d24]". Thoughts?

Thanks!
    The dice swap buttons only use the standard dice chain. The d18 and d22 are used as attack dice for a couple of NPCs from the DCC Annual. Without adding them to the ruleset, these would be impossible to run inside FG.

I would need to reconfigure my dice roll scripts to add the dice description to a general dice roll. In what cases are you rolling dice directly from the desktop AND swapping them? I expect that the vast majority of rolls originate from a character sheet or NPC record and therefore already have the die identifier in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Another minor bug / feature request:

I love how when rolling a Farmer on the Occupation table, it automatically rolls a d8 to determine the specific farmer type, e.g. Rutabaga Farmer. However, when dragging that specific type to the character sheet, it just shows up as "Farmer". Would it be possible to have it show up as "Rutabaga Farmer" in the Occupation field on the character shield, but still link to the Farmer entry on the Occupation table?

Along those lines:

Most level 0 trained weapons from the Occupations table are improvised and listed as something like "Pitchfork (as spear)" or "Chisel (as dagger)". When dragging these to the character's inventory, the behavior is kind of reversed from the above issue: It only shows up as "Pitchfork" or "Chisel" - with all the right stats. But as above, I think it would actually be ideal to have it show up exactly as in the table (i.e. "Pitchfork (as spear)"), as it's useful to know what melee weapon this emulates, to facilitate rule lookups outside FG later, etc.

Thanks!
    Noted. The farmer occupations are a good idea. The second one seems like more of a personal preference that could go either way. Without being able to poll every DCC user, it becomes a "developer preference" sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    The dice swap buttons only use the standard dice chain. The d18 and d22 are used as attack dice for a couple of NPCs from the DCC Annual. Without adding them to the ruleset, these would be impossible to run inside FG.

I would need to reconfigure my dice roll scripts to add the dice description to a general dice roll. In what cases are you rolling dice directly from the desktop AND swapping them? I expect that the vast majority of rolls originate from a character sheet or NPC record and therefore already have the die identifier in the description.
    Great, thanks for confirming that the dice swap buttons will only use the standard dice chain.

You're right, most rolls should originate from the character sheet etc., and I just realized that those already have the die identifier in the description. I'm mostly thinking of various ad-hoc rolls I need to make as a GM (say to roll on a random table that lives outside FG), or possibly ask my players to make.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Noted. The farmer occupations are a good idea. The second one seems like more of a personal preference that could go either way. Without being able to poll every DCC user, it becomes a "developer preference" sort of thing.
    Fair enough, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Regarding the chat description for generic dice rolls... I will add this to my list in case I have extra time. I think it's a good suggestion. For now, rest assured that the dice swap buttons work as expected

Just a quick note that I completed my extension to generate random level 0 DCC characters. Seems to work well, but would love to hear everyone's feedback or bug reports.

Details in this post.

Please post your feedback / bugs in that post, so we can keep this one focused on the overall ruleset.

I have found a little typo in the scolls table for when you do your next pass, roll of 91 - 9.

Really impressed with the work on this rulest Leozelig
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy_9000 View Post
    I have found a little typo in the scolls table for when you do your next pass, roll of 91 - 9.

Really impressed with the work on this rulest Leozelig
    That should have been fixed with the last update - see post #137.

Are you running v1.1.2? It’s odd if the module update I submitted didn’t work, so double-check that you updated to the latest DCC ruleset (with CoreRPG 3.3.10) and let me know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by leozelig; March 14th, 2020 at 19:34.

I am running CoreRPG 3.3.10 but even with deleting and re-downloading the ruleset it only re-downloads v1.1.1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy_9000 View Post
    I am running CoreRPG 3.3.10 but even with deleting and re-downloading the ruleset it only re-downloads v1.1.1
    Somehow, the updates I have been submitting have not been transferring over. I now have direct access to the files, so hopefully that will help. This would explain why that halfling dyer occupation link keeps getting reported as broken when I fixed it a long time ago.

I think updates go out on Tuesday. If you want to be certain you have the latest module files, open the monsters chapter - you should see pages for all of the monster entries instead of just dragon, demon, and a few others.

monsters.png

Blog Entries
    The updater seems to be working now. You should see v1.1.2 of the DCC ruleset by 3/24/20 at the latest...

It shows 1.1.1 for me too.

Bug report: The spells Runic Alphabet, Fey and Mortal, whenever a success is rolled, it shows this error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:317: attempt to index a nil value" and no result

Edit: I just got the update to 1.1.2, and it fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Dr0W; March 22nd, 2020 at 21:36.

Thread Information