FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 109 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Is there some instructions for this rules set. I'm very familiar with FG, since I've had it for 14 years or so, and I've been running 5E for a few years now.

So, I rolled up a warrior with the DCC rules, working through it, and I just can't understand how the application arrived at the warrior's attack modifier.

Its either +4 or +6 depending on whether I click the Deed Dice star. With a strength of 17, that's +2.. and then a d3 is suppose to be how it goes. Where
    are the extra +2 or +4 coming from??? Is there a way to roll deed dice and attack dice at the same time? Its rather confusing. Is there a note card somewhere that
    explains this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hey Captcorajus, I tried to duplicate what you are getting by creating a warrior with 17 STR and rolling the Deed die. However, I get a +3 to +5 at first level. What level is your Warrior? The Deed die increases with level so if you are higher level the Deed die is different, but I see no combination that would yield a +2 to +4 result. Have you checked the "WeaponMeta" entry for a possible errant +1 on the Deed die? It has a bonus field. Or an errant +1 on the weapon itself or an errant Ability Score entry on the attack stat? I know you said you're very familiar with FG but I find I still make mistakes filling in data on occasion.

I'm completely new to Fantasy Grounds but have managed to figure out most everything I've needed for running a DCC funnel using the ruleset. However, I'm a bit stumped on how to handle initiative for a funnel. Is the assumption that we'll just use the normal per-character initiative, or is there a way to handle group initiative for each player's mob of characters?

Another detail that would be nice for funnels is if luck were visible on tokens. I think for this I'm just going to enable character names on tokens, and add the character luck score to the player name—that will give me an at-a-glance reference for luck-based targeting provided the players don't mess with it. If there are better options I'd love to hear them.

Hey Tuirgin, I've run a few funnels and I have found that having the Judge roll for all initiatives is the quickest method for handling initiative. Group initiative would be nice but there is not a way to do that in basic FG and I'm fairly certain there is not an extension that does this for the DCC Ruleset.

Displaying Luck would be nice; I tend to keep the Party Sheet open for quick reference, but I have multiple large monitors. Token icons tend to be too small for my old eyes to see, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks, Tabarkus. How do the players feel about having the Judge roll all initiatives? My fear was that it'd feel like some player agency was being taken away. On the other hand, at the beginning of a funnel where you've got up to two dozen characters maybe the expediency of auto-rolled initiative is well worth it.

I'm trying out putting luck at the beginning of the character names; i.e. "[09] Shortlived Monsterfodder". It does get scaled pretty small when you have a map scaled to fit so many tokens on screen, but it's the best solution I've come up with for quick reference. I'm definitely making good use of my newly acquired progressive lenses.

I've not had a single player complaint when Judge control of initiative was introduced as an expediency issue. Even with players who are new to me as a Judge/DM.

Awesome. I'll stop worrying about it, then, and just roll with it. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Do you have an example data_spell.lua that you can share? I know the one packed in the *.DAT file is password protected. Or, better yet, do you know if Libram Arcanum is being converted for FG?

Kirklandone
    I am not aware of any conversion, but that doesn’t mean much. Can you access the .pak file in the rulesets folder? You should be able to open the file in Notepad++ or any xml editor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcorajus View Post
    Is there some instructions for this rules set. I'm very familiar with FG, since I've had it for 14 years or so, and I've been running 5E for a few years now.

So, I rolled up a warrior with the DCC rules, working through it, and I just can't understand how the application arrived at the warrior's attack modifier.

Its either +4 or +6 depending on whether I click the Deed Dice star. With a strength of 17, that's +2.. and then a d3 is suppose to be how it goes. Where
    are the extra +2 or +4 coming from??? Is there a way to roll deed dice and attack dice at the same time? Its rather confusing. Is there a note card somewhere that
    explains this?

Thanks for any help in advance.
    I have a user manual from the unofficial ruleset that I can share. The most recent deed die roll is saved and applied to attack and damage when you activate the star icon. If you want to reset this, click the magnifying glass icon in the weapons header and set the ‘Result’ field to 0.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuirgin View Post
    I'm completely new to Fantasy Grounds but have managed to figure out most everything I've needed for running a DCC funnel using the ruleset. However, I'm a bit stumped on how to handle initiative for a funnel. Is the assumption that we'll just use the normal per-character initiative, or is there a way to handle group initiative for each player's mob of characters?

Another detail that would be nice for funnels is if luck were visible on tokens. I think for this I'm just going to enable character names on tokens, and add the character luck score to the player name—that will give me an at-a-glance reference for luck-based targeting provided the players don't mess with it. If there are better options I'd love to hear them.
    I posted a blog entry about my experience with running funnels in FG. I used the party sheet to reference luck scores - it’s also useful for looking at occupations. I used one initiative per player (using the best init bonus from their batch of zeroes), and each player used the same token for all of their PCs for my own sanity. You don’t need to assign init to every PC in the combat tracker, just one PC per player. That’s just what worked for me.

Thread Information