Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Create Spells

Leozelig,

When creating our own spells, or typing in new spells from DCC books and modules that I have purchased, how do I get it to "roll on the table" to type out the effect of the Spell Check? It is not obvious from looking at the spells you created in the Base Rulebook how you get those to roll Spell Check Results. I assume it is deep down in the LUA files that you created these, am I right?

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,
    Is there a way to "automate" Lay On Hands? To either create it as a spell or table such that you roll the Spell Check (modified appropriately to the character casting it 1d20 + PER + CL) then have "effects" that correlate to the 1 Dice, 2 Dice, 3 Dice etc. It sounds challenging as you have to know the Caster Alignment, Recipient's Alignment and Recipient's HD.

Thanks
    Kirklandone
    It might be possible to code this into the ruleset. The player would need to have the recipient targeted and set up an action for lay on hands. I have a few other things I am working on right now, but this might be a good project down the road - thanks for the suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,

When creating our own spells, or typing in new spells from DCC books and modules that I have purchased, how do I get it to "roll on the table" to type out the effect of the Spell Check? It is not obvious from looking at the spells you created in the Base Rulebook how you get those to roll Spell Check Results. I assume it is deep down in the LUA files that you created these, am I right?

Thanks
    Kirklandone
    Yes, casting table results are coded in the scripts/data_spell.lua file. It's not too complicated to add a spell to this file, but it would require you to create an extension.

Thread Information