FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 109 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    Thank you, leozelig. That helps.

I also just found the latest unofficial DCC ruleset. Are you able to comment regarding differences between the unofficial and the official versions of the ruleset, for example is the official version basically the unofficial ruleset with the addition of licensed text and images (reference manual, tables, spells, NPCs, etc), or is it substantially different? I ask, because if it shares a lot of the same code, I can always drop into the code and try to answer my own questions as they come up.

Blog Entries
    You might learn a few things by looking at the code. You can see what features have been added by going back through my posts in this thread. I fixed a few bugs along the way. The official ruleset is a million times better. Only an insane person would try to enter the entire DCC rulebook into FG themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I discovered a bug with "Halfling dyer" occupation. I received the following error when trying to place it into the Occupation field on a character sheet: "Unable to find record to match link dropped. Check to make sure the correct modules are open."
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Try again after updating, and let me know if it still isn't working for you.
    I just purchased the ruleset today (01-18-2020) and did a fresh update to gain access etc. and discovered this same error when entering in a 0-level. Came to forums to see if anyone had already reported it and found this entry. So it still appears to be a thing.

Blog Entries
    I will look into the halfling dyer bug and make sure this is fixed for the next update. I have been busy with my real job, but I should have more time soon.

I ran into an issue running the DCC ruleset in Unity:

The "/die" command doesn't work in the chat box - neither with regular dice (e.g. "/die 20"), nor with special DCC dice (e.g. "/die 14").

I see the following output in the error console:

[1/26/2020 1:53:28 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Lua section stack mismatch [dragdata:getDieList] (0(+1) != 2)

Rolling dice using the UI works fine, including special DCC dice.

In addition, I see some font and button related errors in the log when starting FG Unity with the DCC ruleset:

[1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (subwindowtitle). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (subwindowsmalltitle). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (subwindowsmalltitle_disabled). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (list-empty-ct). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (list-empty-ps). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-title). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-subtitle). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (modcollector). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (modcollectorlabel). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (windowtitle). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-h). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-r). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-i). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-b). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-bi). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-b-large). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-header). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-groupdesc). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:03 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-groupsubdesc). [DCC RPG] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:07 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file. [DCC RPG] [common/template_buttons.xml]
    [1/26/2020 1:44:33 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [1/26/2020 1:44:33 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

Any insights?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    The DCC ruleset is only compatible with FG Classic. As far as I know, I don’t have access to FGU to make the necessary changes - I believe beta testing is limited to certain rulesets.

Thanks for the info. I just found a similar thread in the Unity playtest forum and will update this instead, so we can keep the current thread for discussing the working FG classic version.

Note that the demo version of FG Unity is publicly available for testing at this point:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post471093

Hi
    I don't know if this is a bug or just me being a noob at FG DCC.
    I follow all the steps in the user guide to create a new spell (page 13), and the spell works but I fail to make the Spell Check Table result to show in the chat when the spell is cast.
    Example, on a roll of 19, it says:
    [CAST] That_awesome_spell (d20)[SUCCESS]
    Instead of
    [CAST] That_awesome_spell (d20)[SUCCESS] roll a 1d8 to see how many times the head of your enemy bounces on the ground

I even copy-paste tables from existing spells, format them in table (since its pasted in body text format) but without success.
    Is this a bug or something I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks for the help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    Hi
    I don't know if this is a bug or just me being a noob at FG DCC.
    I follow all the steps in the user guide to create a new spell (page 13), and the spell works but I fail to make the Spell Check Table result to show in the chat when the spell is cast.
    Example, on a roll of 19, it says:
    [CAST] That_awesome_spell (d20)[SUCCESS]
    Instead of
    [CAST] That_awesome_spell (d20)[SUCCESS] roll a 1d8 to see how many times the head of your enemy bounces on the ground

I even copy-paste tables from existing spells, format them in table (since its pasted in body text format) but without success.
    Is this a bug or something I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks for the help
    Hi Jaume,

You're not doing anything wrong. The chat message only works for spells in the DCC rulebook. The ruleset does not read this from the table in the spell entry - those are there as a general reference. There is a data file that contains all of the casting table results. The same is true for crit and fumble tables.

Random question about extension development:

I'm exploring writing an extension to randomly generate level 0 characters, which should speed up prep for funnels. I originally considered simply writing a Python (or similar) script outside of FG that would output an XML file containing multiple characters, which could then be manually imported using the FG UI. But I figure being able to do this within FG itself would be even more convenient. Say all of a player's gongfarmers died and we need to replenish characters from rescued prisoners - simply click a button (or run a chat command) and now there's a fresh level 0 character.

One thing I'm stumped on is where to find the DCC ruleset files, so I can figure out what existing hooks I can leverage. All the other rulesets seem to be in the "rulesets" directory, but I can't find the DCC files anywhere.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Any insights into how feasible this would be?

Thread Information