DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 109 First ... 78910111959 ... Last

Create Spells

Leozelig,

When creating our own spells, or typing in new spells from DCC books and modules that I have purchased, how do I get it to "roll on the table" to type out the effect of the Spell Check? It is not obvious from looking at the spells you created in the Base Rulebook how you get those to roll Spell Check Results. I assume it is deep down in the LUA files that you created these, am I right?

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,
    Is there a way to "automate" Lay On Hands? To either create it as a spell or table such that you roll the Spell Check (modified appropriately to the character casting it 1d20 + PER + CL) then have "effects" that correlate to the 1 Dice, 2 Dice, 3 Dice etc. It sounds challenging as you have to know the Caster Alignment, Recipient's Alignment and Recipient's HD.

Thanks
    Kirklandone
    It might be possible to code this into the ruleset. The player would need to have the recipient targeted and set up an action for lay on hands. I have a few other things I am working on right now, but this might be a good project down the road - thanks for the suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,

When creating our own spells, or typing in new spells from DCC books and modules that I have purchased, how do I get it to "roll on the table" to type out the effect of the Spell Check? It is not obvious from looking at the spells you created in the Base Rulebook how you get those to roll Spell Check Results. I assume it is deep down in the LUA files that you created these, am I right?

Thanks
    Kirklandone
    Yes, casting table results are coded in the scripts/data_spell.lua file. It's not too complicated to add a spell to this file, but it would require you to create an extension.

I noticed there is a "0 or less" result on many of the DCC tables but FG doesn't seem to allow for a 0 or less result. Thus, these rolls produce no output result. Can this be fixed? Also, currently the FG damage output can fall to zero whereas in the DCC ruleset it should be a minimum of one (1). Thanks again Leo for the effort you are putting in to bring DCC to FG!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback, T... I will check the table results. As I recall when I tested these, the output for a roll of 0 or less was the lowest table result even if the table starts at 1. I didn't realize damage could be zero in DCC. I guess it never came up in my games. Do you happen to know where in the rule book that is stated, just out of curiosity?

Those are easy fixes - I will add them to my list. I am working on some new content, but I will get to the ruleset updates soon.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The lowest damage possible in DCC is 1 damage, but currently in Fantasy Grounds the damage output is 0 if the STR modifier is negative and the damage die roll is low.

EDIT: Hey Leo, I rechecked the table output with the latest update and it is outputting results properly for "0 and less results"; so I'm not sure what issue I was seeing, sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase on that one. However I did verify that damage output on FG can result in 0 on both STR and AGI based weapons; when it should be a minimum of 1 damage per DCC rules.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; December 12th, 2019 at 13:29.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I will take a look at that.

So I have yet to buy this official ruleset (I plan to soon), but had a question before I did so. Does this ruleset contain the rulebook needed as well? Or a slimmed down version of it? I only have experience with PF2 in FG where the ruleset was free, but if you wanted to have the entire functionality you would buy the rulebook to have access to everything in game. And then as a GM you could share your player rulebook with players in case they don't have a copy or don't want to buy one for a one off session.

I'm guessing this is probably obvious to most experienced FG players, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything before posting this. I haven't bought any of the other rulesets like Traveller or Rolemaster, so I don't have any other experience to base this off of. Thanks.

thelagermeister, yes the full rule book is included, with a players version to share; and includes 3 adventures
    Last edited by Tabarkus; December 17th, 2019 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Yes, casting table results are coded in the scripts/data_spell.lua file. It's not too complicated to add a spell to this file, but it would require you to create an extension.
    Do you have an example data_spell.lua that you can share? I know the one packed in the *.DAT file is password protected. Or, better yet, do you know if Libram Arcanum is being converted for FG?

Kirklandone

Thread Information