DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 109 First ... 2836373839404888 ... Last
    Bug Report: Using FG Unity and FG Classic; with the DCC RPG Annual "specialty" cleric (such as Cleric of Shul), when dragging and dropping level advancement the 'Attack' field and 'Spellcheck' field do not update properly and I get the following error.
    "Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1336: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)

It works properly for the standard cleric from the Core rulebook.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; September 26th, 2020 at 04:45.

Tab!! Thank you SO much! Im such a rookie. its ridiculous actually. I followed what you did and it now works perfectly. Thank you again! Sorry for wasting peeps time with this one. Cheers, Ryan

It's all good man, I learn new things about FG and specific rulesets continuously. The questions you ask may be the same one someone else has.

I have several one-shot games using the DCC RPG ruleset for an online convention hosted by Goodman Games next weekend, October 17 & 18! There is a small fee for attending the convention $5 for a badge and $4 per game. Not many games are available on Fantasy Grounds. See my listed games here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/...query=Tabarkus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I have several one-shot games using the DCC RPG ruleset for an online convention hosted by Goodman Games next weekend, October 17 & 18! There is a small fee for attending the convention $5 for a badge and $4 per game. Not many games are available on Fantasy Grounds. See my listed games here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/...query=Tabarkus
    How did the games go, Tabarkus? It looked like you were able to mostly fill your games. I had a full table for Shadow Under Devil's Reef on Friday night, but then I only had 2 players sign up for Blood for the Serpent King on Sunday so we cancelled. I also played in the DCC Open Tournament (Return to the Starless Sea) and a playtest game with Michael Curtis, and those were tons of fun.

Also, thanks for helping with DMrabs' question. I'll have to check on why the casting table results don't show with the dice swap desktop button. I usually get an email when someone posts but not this time, and I have been busy the last few weeks so I missed that post.

I assume your DCC Annual bug occurred after I submitted my update a few weeks ago, but I will check on that.

I picked up a few minor bugs myself, so I will knock these out soon:
    * Backstab attack for blowgun generates script error when item dropped to inventory
    * Item 'Hammer, small' in Equipment table (Table 3-4) links to hammer weapon (from Trained Weapon column in Occupations table)
    * Formatting issue for 'Patron Bond' casting table
    * Skill die for 'Cast spell from scroll' not adding to thief skills on class drop

I should have another round of updates out soon. I am a little backed up with new features, but feel free to make suggestions if you have them...
    Last edited by leozelig; October 26th, 2020 at 05:08.

I had originally scheduled 4 games; two of those didn't pan out so I cancelled them. It's a tough call on whether to leave a game up hoping on last minute players. But the two games I ran went very well, good strong group that ran well together. And the games I cancelled allowed me to join two as a player including Blood for the Serpent King which was a ton of fun.

Looking forward to the upcoming updates!

Blog Entries
    I expect to submit an update this week, which includes a bunch of minor updates and bug fixes.

Here is a partial list:

• Crit and fumble roll buttons on NPC sheets.
    • NPC sheets can specify the fumble die in the AC field.
    • Placeholder text will be added for bonus languages due to Intelligence.
    • New spells are automatically marked as prepared when dropped to the char sheet.
    • Blank saving throw actions for spells are hidden in 'Combat' mode.
    • Specific invoke patron spells for each patron.
    • NPC entries for the four types of familiars.
    • Casting table results will now display in the chat window when a dice swap button is pressed (bug fix).

That's probably half of them. I'm going to save the spell failure chat message for the next update because it involves a lot of data entry, and I will try to include some of the other chat message options for spells in that update as well, such as displaying the mercurial magic effect and manifestation. I haven't abandoned the idea of auto-rolling misfire and corruption results, but I believe that would involve a massive amount of data entry (if it's even possible).

I created a module for "Lost, Failure, and Worse" nested tables with Corruption, Misfire, and Patron Taint tables for every core spell. Then I somehow corrupted the module and lost it all. So I have to redo it. That was a lot of data entry!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I created a module for "Lost, Failure, and Worse" nested tables with Corruption, Misfire, and Patron Taint tables for every core spell. Then I somehow corrupted the module and lost it all. So I have to redo it. That was a lot of data entry!
    I recommend celestian’s Table Import extension if the data is in table format. That won’t help with misfire tables of course. I need to start breaking things down into categories - tables, items, npcs... The library has become enormous at this point. Thank goodness for the search bar!

Blog Entries
    I submitted a bunch of updates that should hit the 'Test' channel on Tue Nov 3 and go live on Tue Nov 10 if testing goes smoothly. I will try to post some screenshots of a few updated features before it goes out.

Looking ahead, I have a list started for the next update that you can expect probably in December:

• Generate a chat message for failed spell checks based on casting table results
    • Create an option to generate a chat message for the spell manifestation and mercurial magic effect on a successful spell check roll
    • Parse the NPC crit threshold from the special properties field using the format 'crit on <threat range>' (the format in the core rules)
    • Add new art from 8th printing

Keep in mind that is just a working list and not final in any way...

Thread Information