DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 64 of 109 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last
    Leo, Might be easier to write an extension for MCC and not tinker with the ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Leo, Might be easier to write an extension for MCC and not tinker with the ruleset.
    That was another big question for me. My concern with the extension is that I will need to update both with duplicate changes, and I’m worried I will miss something or double my work by creating an extension. My plan is to run MCC from within the DCC ruleset the same way Pathfinder is (or was originally, not sure now) an option in the 3.5E ruleset.

Yeah I guess it depends on what all you have to change. Like that Lankhmar extension. When they redid the sidebar it threw me for a loop but I was able to eventually figure it out. Had it just been some fields on the character sheet it would hardly need to be maintained.

Blog Entries
    After running it by a few people who are smarter than me, I realized that MCC needs it's own ruleset, which would include the core rules module. I can make the character data match up with the DCC ruleset in case you want to run a crossover game. If MCC is an extension or option within the DCC ruleset, someone who only wanted to play MCC would need to buy the DCC ruleset and the MCC core rules module. Creating a standalone ruleset for MCC means you only need to buy one product in that scenario.

Blog Entries
    So MCC will be a standalone ruleset that includes the core rules. You should be able to import DCC characters, but that might be a later stage feature. Here's a preview of what's to come...

MCC.jpg

Hey Leo, I noticed in my game tonight that Halflings crit hitting on a roll of 16 is not functioning. When I changed the meta data on the weapon itself and unchecked the Two-weapon fighting box the crit still would not happen even when I set the Crit On number to 2. Would you please look into this.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I thought I had that fixed. Is it the primary or offhand attack that is not working? There is some debate about whether a halfling’s offhand attack can crit. Other classes cannot. Since the rule is unclear for a halfling, I do not automatically count the offhand nat 16 as a crit so judge’s can rule how they want. Let me know when you get a chance...

Neither primary nor off-hand were critting for me. I've always interpreted the rule as written: "Unlike other characters, when fighting with two weapons, a halfling scores a crit and automatic hit on any roll of a natural 16" Emphasis mine. That clearly implies either weapon attack to me, especially when the base two-weapon fighting rules specifically limit it to the primary hand. But each to their own interpretation.

Blog Entries
    Some people focus on the “automatic hit” aspect of that statement. With Agility 16-17, non-halflings need to roll a 16 on the d16 AND hit the target, whereas halflings automatically hit with a 16 regardless of target AC. The halfling class description says that with an Agility above 16, normal two-weapon fighting rules apply - ie, a PC with Agi 18 rolls a d20 and crits on a nat 20 regardless of target AC. In all cases, only the primary hand crits. It’s the phrase “any roll of a natural 16” that creates confusion. Are they referring to primary/off hand or the attack hitting the target’s AC?

I don’t have a strong feeling personally, but when it comes to automation, I have tried to code the more restrictive interpretation. The manual crit roll is easy enough.

Anyway... I submitted a fix for the halfling class not applying a minimum Agility score of 16.

cool, thanks man; yeah I can see the other interpretation; and coding to the conservative interpretation makes sense.

Thread Information