Page 14 of 14 First ... 4121314

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Random question about extension development:

I'm exploring writing an extension to randomly generate level 0 characters, which should speed up prep for funnels. I originally considered simply writing a Python (or similar) script outside of FG that would output an XML file containing multiple characters, which could then be manually imported using the FG UI. But I figure being able to do this within FG itself would be even more convenient. Say all of a player's gongfarmers died and we need to replenish characters from rescued prisoners - simply click a button (or run a chat command) and now there's a fresh level 0 character.

One thing I'm stumped on is where to find the DCC ruleset files, so I can figure out what existing hooks I can leverage. All the other rulesets seem to be in the "rulesets" directory, but I can't find the DCC files anywhere.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Any insights into how feasible this would be?
    The DCC ruleset is a commercial ruleset and therefore the code is not readily available to the public.

You can however create a record of each type and then save your campaign and look at the campaigns db.xml to see data paths.
    For support post in the House of Healing or email [email protected]
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Got it, thanks.

The db.xml file shows me the structure of characters (for example), but it seems like I'd still need to know the necessary functions etc. in order to be able to hook into these. But I'll play around with this first and see how far I get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    The DCC ruleset is a commercial ruleset and therefore the code is not readily available to the public.
    Thanks for clarifying that, lokiare. I was under the impression the ruleset files were visible after purchase for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalhobbit View Post
    Got it, thanks.

The db.xml file shows me the structure of characters (for example), but it seems like I'd still need to know the necessary functions etc. in order to be able to hook into these. But I'll play around with this first and see how far I get.
    Try exporting a character and looking at that code. I feel like you should be able to make it work with just that information.

Blog Entries
    I am working on some updates to the Core Rules module that I hope will be available before the end of the month. Besides fixing the issue with the halfling dyer occupation, I am adding a handful of secondary tables (see screenshot), improving keywords and expanding monster entries in the ref manual, and exchanging the text-only tables in the library list with the corresponding rollable tables. Most of these things are housekeeping tasks that I have not had time to address before now.

table links.png
    Last edited by leozelig; February 7th, 2020 at 01:27. Reason: Added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Try exporting a character and looking at that code. I feel like you should be able to make it work with just that information.
    Sounds good, thanks - I'll start there.

Thread Information