STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 109 First ... 567891757107 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am hoping that a DCC game or two will be run at the next FG-Con.
    Same here. The new Halloween module would be a good one.

I just bought the Ruleset yesterday and tried it, but something odd is happening...

If I roll a D4 at +2D in the chat box, the die rolled and depicted is a D6, as it should be, with according results. But when I use the dice tower, it displays a D4 and even after 30+ attempts on that roll, the max result was a 4. On 30 attempts with a D6 (after applying the +2D), I would expect at least 2 or 3 higher results than a 4 - on average there should be 10 of these, but with randomness at least an occasional 5 or 6 should show up.. Then I tried a D10 at -2D - and got a 9!
    It looks as if the dice tower ignores the dice step bonus?
    Last edited by Roach; October 1st, 2019 at 08:25.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I just bought the Ruleset yesterday and tried it, but something odd is happening...

If I roll a D4 at +2D in the chat box, the die rolled and depicted is a D6, as it should be, with according results. But when I use the dice tower, it displays a D4 and even after 30+ attempts on that roll, the max result was a 4. On 30 attempts with a D6 (after applying the +2D), I would expect at least 2 or 3 higher results than a 4 - on average there should be 10 of these, but with randomness at least an occasional 5 or 6 should show up.. Then I tried a D10 at -2D - and got a 9!
    It looks as if the dice tower ignores the dice step bonus?
    It does sound like the dice tower is ignoring the dice swap. I will check it out.

I am a new FG user after using Roll20 for several years and maptool for several years before that. I really appreciate the work you are doing.

How can I set my players up to use Lay on Hands and Turn Unholy? Is there a wiki page for this Module?

Blog Entries
    Those should be set up as class abilities on the Actions tab. Click the brown edit button on the bottom right, then add power. Rename the power group ‘Cleric Abilities’ or something like that. Add a new power for this group, and set the base modifier to SpChk+ (and the ability modifier to Luck where applicable). The base spell check details under Magic (click magnifying glass button) is where you would set Personality as your ability mod for spell checks.

That’s the short version. I need to start an FAQ, but for now I will try to create a new thread with images to walk you through this. It’s probably a common question unless you have 5E ruleset experience.

Tutorial here: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/sh...203#post456203
    Last edited by leozelig; October 10th, 2019 at 01:25.

Blog Entries
    I am working on the dice tower bug posted above. I’m not sure why it’s not registering the dice swap.

Blog Entries
    I was surfing the store this morning and noticed there is no ability to search/sort the products by the DCC rule set as exists for the other rule sets.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I was surfing the store this morning and noticed there is no ability to search/sort the products by the DCC rule set as exists for the other rule sets.
    I will point that out. Thanks, JohnD!

Hello everyone. I'm new to DCC, have never played or DMed, though I've been DMing for 35 years in other systems and have been using FG for 4 years. Thanks Leozelig for bringing this system to FG! In trying to figure out DCC in FG I have a request. I noticed in the Crit tables that Crits sometimes increase the damage output up the dice chain, for example d6 damage instead of d4. However the dice chain modifier buttons in the lower left of the interface do not seem to effect damage rolls. Is this possible or practical? Not knowing DCC well I'm not sure how frequent a +/- 1 or 2 die change to damage will come up.

Also, I'd love to get in a game if anyone might have openings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to DCC, have never played or DMed, though I've been DMing for 35 years in other systems and have been using FG for 4 years. Thanks Leozelig for bringing this system to FG! In trying to figure out DCC in FG I have a request. I noticed in the Crit tables that Crits sometimes increase the damage output up the dice chain, for example d6 damage instead of d4. However the dice chain modifier buttons in the lower left of the interface do not seem to effect damage rolls. Is this possible or practical? Not knowing DCC well I'm not sure how frequent a +/- 1 or 2 die change to damage will come up.

Also, I'd love to get in a game if anyone might have openings.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Tabarkus! I should be able to work that in for the next update. I'm planning to update the DCC RPG ruleset soon after Core RPG 3.3.9, probably in the next couple weeks.

Thread Information