Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Interest check/Bundle notice: Fiasco--an all time great--on Bundle of Holding

Just today: Fiasco, plus many more by legendary game designer Jason Morninstar, is on the Bundle of Holding: https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Fiasco

You can already run Fiasco on FG--see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Learn-to-Play). I'm improving this CoreRPG-based ruleset (still need to swap in the proper fonts). I'll share as a Community ruleset once final (in the form of a module. This likely means with no content... or at least only playsets that authors have granted public rights to). But this is such a rules light game it shouldn't be a problem.

Other titles in this bundle are already on my to-do list for running in FG: Carolina Death Crawl and The Skeletons.

Speaking of which--interest check: Who's interested in a monthly "indie story games" one shot series to be run on Friday or Saturday nights, US Eastern? Games could include:
    1. Fiasco
    2. Ten Candles
    3. Bluebeard's Bride
    4. Carolina Death Crawl
    5. The Skeletons
    6. Juggernaut
    7. ...and more [add your's here]

Edit: to be clear, suggestions 2 through 6 are standalone games, not Fiasco playsets.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 22nd, 2019 at 20:02.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    --interest check: Who's interested in a monthly "indie story games" one shot series to be run on Friday or Saturday nights, US Eastern? Games could include:
    Hey Hector I'll be up for that "trouble" one shot scenario set in DC that you proposed awhile back to Chris and I! What was the full title again?

The time slot won't work for me, but I can recommend Montsegur 1244 and Penny for my Thoughts as other Indie games to try out.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    The time slot won't work for me, but I can recommend Montsegur 1244 and Penny for my Thoughts as other Indie games to try out.
    Good thought. I hadn't heard of these.

Lots of innovation in gaming these days.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Last few hours to buy this bundle--I have!

Near limitless numbers of Fiasco playsets can be found here, under every genre: https://fiascoplaysets.com/

Rezzing this thread. Indie games recently played:

Fiasco (a must-play classic):

The Road to Lindisfarne (hosted by Valarian; game rules recommended!):

screenshot0017.png

Indie games on tap soon (tomorrow)!: Carolina Death Crawl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 19th, 2020 at 16:21.

Blog Entries
    Did you do a ruleset for this which is available?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Did you do a ruleset for this which is available?
    Re:Fiasco, not yet, but haven’t forgotten. This is waiting for me to get through a couple real life responsibilities (stupid real life). Hope by late spring or early summer I will make the changes needed which include two areas: usability improvements, and intellectual property compliance.

Re: the other indie one shots prob not since it’d need official permission.
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 19th, 2020 at 16:23.

New indie game begun today: Bully Pulpit Games' Carolina Death Crawl. This is a narrative game that plays something like a (single playset) gritty, tragic version of Fiasco (rather than the black comedy of that game).

Of course, I forgot to take screen shots but will grab some when the second half of the game is played in two weeks. Here are some desktop design screen views:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; May 4th, 2020 at 16:13.

Thread Information