STAR TREK 2d20

FGU: Dev question, Blocking windows?

Is there any plans to add blocking popups in FGU now or down the road?

Many libraries have a window/menu control that you can use that pops up for "yes/no" or question or alert that forces you to repond to the window and doesn't let you do anything else. It is the top window until you do. Typically these are also not something you need to do callbacks/registers for.

Among other things it allows you to do something like these.

Code:
     local bAccept = popupYesNo(nodeChar,"Are you sure you want to delete that?");
     if bAccept then
     end

local sNewName = popupGetString(nodechar,"Enter the new name of your pet.","Spot");
     DB.setValue(nodeChar,"petname","string",sNewName);

popupCustom(nodeChar,windowClass);
     ... continue after the custom window was closed...
    There are many situations I'd love to put up a window to get a response on yes/no, ask for input/etc and doesn't accidentally get clicked over to something else and missed.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Even if you get a response from John or Doug, if you want this (which you do) I would add it to the wishlist. That way we can vote and they can track it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There's also one of these inside the DOE:Base - it does need to be called via code, of course
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    I think celestian is looking for a window that is always on top. Can't dialogMessage be hidden/obscured under other windows?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That does solve a yes/no question (thanks for pointing it out I missed it) but my main use case is a blocking window for anything so I can force the function to run and get input (other than just yes/no) before proceeding.

I will certainly make use of the yes/no on somethings I've been floating around if I can. I will experiment with it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think celestian is looking for a window that is always on top. Can't dialogMessage be hidden/obscured under other windows?
    It doesn't seem to, it's exactly what I want only I also want the ability to do more than just yes/no
    Last edited by celestian; April 21st, 2019 at 06:18.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I made a wishlist entry so we can set an FG window to modal. Just go to the last page of the wishlist and it is there. Can’t figure out how to link to individual wish list item.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I made a wishlist entry so we can set an FG window to modal. Just go to the last page of the wishlist and it is there. Can’t figure out how to link to individual wish list item.
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=125639

You click on the title of the wishlist entry and it will open a window that is the specific entry. Then just cut/paste URL.
    Last edited by esmdev; April 22nd, 2019 at 02:05. Reason: Add solution

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=125639

You click on the title of the wishlist entry and it will open a window that is the specific entry. Then just cut/paste URL.
    The linked idea is sorta what I want but I want it to actually block everything for that user until the menu is dealt with... and not just yes/no but customizable input/view. I want to prompt users for various things and not proceed in the code until they respond and then use those values and proceed with that same function.
    ---

I guess what I really want is blocking, period. Where I could show a window that is blocking and force focused. That way you can do as I mentioned previously without the leaping around call backs for some specific tasks.
    ---

Thread Information