DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    You might have to change the character sheet for antimagic for it to work.
    In stats you can have an entry for enchantment bonus (+4 belt giant strenght)
    In combat we need both ac and ac enchantement field. In weapon attack one needs one field for enchantment. Then you can turn off every effect that grants enchantment bonus maybe?

Second thing:
    On another note spell level would also be nice to have for spells that block up to a certain level of spells. You should probobly ignore metamagic to avoid complications.

Third thing:
    Is there any way to make this line work?
    If: custom(good); immune: spells

And the last thing:
    Spell resistance as an effect. This woukd be really helpfull (and maybe not that difficult?) SR: x
    To the first thing: Yes, that is a bit more complicated because there is a lot of magical pieces to look at and it is different for NPC and PC (due to the different design of their sheets; there is less track of magical bonusses in the NPC sheet and so FG does not know where the bonusses are coming from). What I actually have is the following:

screenshot0007.png

It is only a prototype, so it looks a bit ugly at the moment There is some new toggle on the very right at every entry, that is for antimagic. The plus means "no antimagic", the minus means "antimagic". (I may change that picture for that button when I would finally find something which would be allowed to be used Like a magical wand which could be turned on and off. And it is not on a nice place at the moment because everything is shifted to left such that the headers on the top are not fitting anymore; as I said only a prototype) What it does: Every effect with the string "MAGIC" in it will be turned on (when "plus") or off (when the "minus" is there). But one can still manually change the "on/off" toggle of course So it is like a group on/off toggle for all magical effects
    But yes, then I realized that it would be a major rewrite of NPC and PC sheets since all magical effects which are not effects in the CT have to be tracked and turned on/off (i.e. ignored) with the antimagic toggle. I am not sure yet how the design of that should be and therefore I refused to upload the thing I already have since the extension would not be complete But maybe one would be already happy with that antimagic toggle in the CT and the feature of having all magical effects in the CT turned on/off?

To the second and third point (since they are somewhat similar): Yeah, I thought about that, too (in the thread about save versus tags I wrote some future ideas in the second post, I guess) But also here I am not sure about the design yet. When one casts there are many possible ways to do and a lot of things are happening. Cast button, save button, CLC and so on which are triggered separately or all whole together by the cast button. Immunity has to break every action then somehow by sending a message into the chat about that someone is immune. So I would have to carry over the information about the tags (which is already be done for the saves, so I know how to do that) and then it is now also checked for an "immunity" string. I guess that should be possible somehow

To the fourth point: Yes, that should be easy to do, I guess Maybe already the next thing I am going to do if I should stop the antimagic stuff for some while
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 21st, 2019 at 01:13.

To antimagic again: Maybe it is the best to add everywhere a new box where one puts in the whole magical bonus. This number would not affect the current data and is just for reference but I could subtract this number from the corresponding roll every time when there is antimagic. But it would mean an additional field to be maintained manually, still easier probably than to apply the whole antimagic procedure manually Maybe this would be a good idea? (basically what you would already mention, Svandal, but a bit different in its mechanic; then one does not have to care always about that field because it doesn't do anything without antimagic. So, people do not have to relearn the character sheet when it is not about antimagic)

EDIT: Or easier: The mali/loss of magical boni (which are tracked only in the character sheet) can be also made as effects like SAVE: -2 and I could combine this then with the trigger in the CT but then with opposite behaviour, i.e. they are turned on with antimagic and not off. The same amount of work to keep track of them as it would have been with an additional box in the character sheet and I would not have to go through all of the code for adding all the if-clauses checking whether there is antimagic or not (and if there is antimagic then subtract some number of some field in the character sheet).
    But the effect list would be cluttered a bit more... Hm
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 21st, 2019 at 10:41.

Second thing:
    On another note spell level would also be nice to have for spells that block up to a certain level of spells. You should probobly ignore metamagic to avoid complications.

Third thing:
    Is there any way to make this line work?
    If: custom(good); immune: spells

And the last thing:
    Spell resistance as an effect. This woukd be really helpfull (and maybe not that difficult?) SR: x
    That is done now, see the thread about save versus tags If you use the full package extensions then they are updated now But the spell immunity against specific spell levels can only be done by manually adding the spell level in the tag line and then adding that tag in the CUSTOM. I refused a bit to add automatic parsing of the spell level into the tag line since the spell level needed for spell immunity (like in globe of invulnerability) depends on the spell caster which is essential when the spell has different spell levels

Rickyhunt, I will add the AoO stuff as a next aim (in my antimagic extension (which is maybe also not yet compatible with Strain and Injury? I have not tested that really), but I may make it also separate from it)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 23rd, 2019 at 17:47.

I just discovered that the VCONC doesn't seem to support ranged or melee qualifiers. I have a kineticist in the group and her air defense is concealment vs ranged only, but I can't seem to get it to work vs just ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    I just discovered that the VCONC doesn't seem to support ranged or melee qualifiers. I have a kineticist in the group and her air defense is concealment vs ranged only, but I can't seem to get it to work vs just ranged.
    That is right, I didn't define a range for that effect I try to see if I can add that property; but that may need some time since I do not have so much time at the moment. Due to the upcoming 3.3.8 patch I have to rewrite all my extensions soon, I will try to add this then

EDIT: And, if you want, I can try to see if there is a quick way for adding a new armor bonus type for the "natural natural" bonus type (as asked in your other thread) Although one could maybe use the misc. armor bonus instead? But I meant adding an extra bonus field in the sheet
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 6th, 2019 at 22:04.

Hi
    HRESIST will do wonders for when I am going to play cleric that focuses on "shield other"
    But I dont know why this does not work (pathfinder)
    (Dont know why I cant attached the picture, will look into this)
    Problem is that is does way less than half damage, and it seems a little random

Edit:
    Ok. It does half damage per damage type as somebody else posted here earlier.
    This causes problems for HRESIST: all
    Fireball then does 1/4 damage since it has damagetypes "fire" and "spell"
    A damage with no damage types goes through without halving, a bite that does slashing, piercing, bludgeoning does 1/8 of the damage, etc. The problem is stacking, you dont want the HRESIST effect to stack.
    Last edited by Svandal; June 7th, 2019 at 19:28.

Hi
    HRESIST will do wonders for when I am going to play cleric that focuses on "shield other"
    But I dont know why this does not work (pathfinder)
    (Dont know why I cant attached the picture, will look into this)
    Problem is that is does way less than half damage, and it seems a little random
    I just tested it and it works; the effect is HRESIST: [damage type] If you want half resistance against all damage types then write HRESIST: all HRESIST alone will not work (but I was just to lazy to add that, I can add that of course when I update that extension to v. 3.3.8)

Or do you maybe already play in 3.3.8? I didn't really test yet if it also works there; I have to change the extensions because some ruleset files changed

And I also just realized that the rounding is in the wrong direction (the recieved damage is rounded up, e.g. 13 halved results into 7 damage instead of 6). I will change that, too, when updating to 3.3.8

Looks like you replied before I got the time to edit my post. Like I said was a problem with me not getting to attach the file
    HRESIST: (dmgtype) works well
    HRESIST: all does not work as intended
    It halves the damage per damage type in the damage source. Example:
    A damage with no damage types goes through without halving,
    a bite that does slashing, piercing, bludgeoning does 1/8 of the damage, etc.
    The problem is stacking, you dont want the HRESIST effect to stack.

Edit:
    I play with official 3.3.7

Looks like you replied before I got the time to edit my post. Like I said was a problem with me not getting to attach the file
    HRESIST: (dmgtype) works well
    HRESIST: all does not work as intended
    It halves the damage per damage type in the damage source. Example:
    A damage with no damage types goes through without halving,
    a bite that does slashing, piercing, bludgeoning does 1/8 of the damage, etc.
    The problem is stacking, you dont want the HRESIST effect to stack.

Edit:
    I play with official 3.3.7
    aaaah, okay, I understand. Yes, this problem is known, someone else (or was it you already? I am not good in names ) also found that but at that moment we agreed on that resistances of any type will normally not apply against all damage types. Therefore I thought that HRESIST: all will not be needed. Therefore I ignored that, but since you provided now more realistic examples I will look into it (I didn't know that HRESIST: all will be useful for someone )

RESIST: all e.g. does work and does not accidentally stack. So I should be able to fix that just by "copying" its logic Thanks for pointing me out that HRESIST: all is needed Do you need this quickly? Otherwise I would add that in the 3.3.8 update

Thread Information