DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 16 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    One could use "Ranged" for "Reach".
    that's right, so, "melee" and "ranged" works but the problem is that a 10ft. melee weapon will be melee in the code I see how to adjust that a bit, needs some range adjustments

Such a dated thread here, but new to FGU and effects, looking for material for Pathfinder1 3.5 info. Can you point me in that direction? I see this [url]https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects but it reads like a dictionary and only a few real in-game examples. I also found this with the FGU in-game help icon while looking at the out of the box effects table https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects but nowhere on these documents is the information to write them out in a descriptive way, for example, this is wrong
    Bardic Inspiration: ATK: 1; DMG: 1
    This is right
    Bardic Inspiration; ATK: 1; DMG: 1
    While this is also right
    RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity
    While this is wrong
    ATK:1, DMG:1, SKILL:1, ABIL:1, SAVE:1

But there is no explanation on how to assemble the syntax.

In my first example, there needs to be a semicolon between the description and the bonus but that is not in the links provided, and the example I have is not one from those links.
    In my third example there is no descriptor (not that it is needed) but why not? Again no explanation.

So what I am looking for is a source I can turn to besides discord so I can research the meaning of effect syntax
    Last edited by The Judge; June 16th, 2020 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    Such a dated thread here, but new to FGU and effects, looking for material for Pathfinder1 3.5 info. Can you point me in that direction? I see this [url]https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects but it reads like a dictionary and only a few real in-game examples. I also found this with the FGU in-game help icon while looking at the out of the box effects table https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects but nowhere on these documents is the information to write them out in a descriptive way, for example, this is wrong
    Bardic Inspiration: ATK: 1; DMG: 1
    This is right
    Bardic Inspiration; ATK: 1; DMG: 1
    While this is also right
    RESIST: 5 cold; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 electricity
    ATK:1, DMG:1, SKILL:1, ABIL:1, SAVE:1

But there is no explanation on how to assemble the syntax.

In my first example, there needs to be a semicolon between the description and the bonus but that is not in the links provided, and the example I have is not one from those links.
    In my third example there is no descriptor (not that it is needed) but why not? Again no explanation.

So what I am looking for is a source I can turn to besides discord so I can research the meaning of effect syntax
    It should be ATK:1; DMG:1; SKILL:1; ABIL:1; SAVE:1 always separate different "codings"/effects by semicolons I think the examples in the wiki are sometimes wrong, they're extremely old and outdated I think

Sadly, there is not any better source, except the community modules of effects where you can look at the examples for the syntax You can also look at the 5e wiki, especially here (but also the other sections) https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Word-on-Syntax

The syntax is exactly the same (but the effects and their descriptions of course vary)

You can also watch Zacchaeus's effects video: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

In the past I suggested some changes for the 3.5e effects wiki to Doug Davison and he implemented them, I can try to forward him other changes for more readability But I'd wait a bit, due to FGU Smiteworks has a lot to do at the moment So, I do not want to stress them

As always Kelrugem thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    As always Kelrugem thank you.
    You're welcome

Just in case you didn't see it (because you quickly answered and may not have seen my edit), I edited my answer and also added some link to videos about effects (again for 5e, but again very similar)

Starting recently (yesterday) I get the below errors when I open Combat Tracker and have the Advanced Pathfinder Effects extension loaded. The only other extension I have loaded is Naval Combat one for Skull & Shackles. This is in FGC. The errors go away when I don't load the extension.

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:188: attempt to index global 'type' (a function value)
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:188: attempt to index global 'type' (a function value)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by mhossom View Post
    Starting recently (yesterday) I get the below errors when I open Combat Tracker and have the Advanced Pathfinder Effects extension loaded. The only other extension I have loaded is Naval Combat one for Skull & Shackles. This is in FGC. The errors go away when I don't load the extension.

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Yes, as I wrote in my central thread: Most of my extensions won't work with the naval combat extension You need to unload either my extension or the Naval combat one Also the Naval combat extension is a bit old (I have seen some 3.3.8 or 3.3.9 pieces of code still in it), so, it could be that you also run in some other problems unrelated to my extension, or it may overwrite some of the additions of the last patches (and that needs to be reported in the PF1 bug thread then But this bug is surely related to that you combined it with my extension and my extensions do not play well with Naval combat extension)

I updated to 3.3.11 And:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Update 7: New effects:
    ACCC (N) [bonus], [range], opportunity (T), armor class defense against critical confirmation only. Stacking rules with AC effects and data from sheet are with respect to bonus type stacking, e.g. ACCC: 2 deflection would not stack with AC: 1 deflection

• I also have included the damage types of phixation: bypass, immunebypass, drbypass and resistbypass, thanks These damage types overcome the corresponding effects (but all of them then, like immunebypass overcomes all immunities; no way to restrict it at the moment), bypass overcomes everything resistbypass overcomes HRESIST
    • CC rolls were not applied correctly to a target when the target had negative AC in the native code, I fixed this. Moreover, you will see [CC DEF EFFECTS ...] next to its message when an ACCC leads to an increased AC (but only when it is a real bonus, so, when you have an AC: 2 deflection effect and just ACCC: 1 deflection, then it will not show anything. Only when something gets really added to it, such that you can easily check whether the effect was correctly applied).
    • Now compatible with Bmos's spell failure roll
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 22nd, 2020 at 08:43.

Impressive! Not sure I'm complimented you on the ACCC effect concept yet (I know you mentioned it the other day), but it's awesome and I can't wait to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Now compatible with Bmos's spell failure roll
    Thanks! It turns out this is slightly incompatible with Live Hitpoints from Constitution, as well, but only in the sense that subdual is moved to the right a bit and looks less pretty. I can fix by adjusting my UI, I hadn't realize you replaced that field.
    Last edited by bmos; July 22nd, 2020 at 12:30.

"Now compatible with Bmos's spell failure roll"

I still can't figure out how that works... I set a spell failure amount, I set in the option both "always roll" and "prompt roll" but nowhere it rolls for it. Am I missing something?

Thread Information