DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    aaaah, okay, I understand. Yes, this problem is known, someone else (or was it you already? I am not good in names ) also found that but at that moment we agreed on that resistances of any type will normally not apply against all damage types. Therefore I thought that HRESIST: all will not be needed. Therefore I ignored that, but since you provided now more realistic examples I will look into it (I didn't know that HRESIST: all will be useful for someone )

RESIST: all e.g. does work and does not accidentally stack. So I should be able to fix that just by "copying" its logic Thanks for pointing me out that HRESIST: all is needed Do you need this quickly? Otherwise I would add that in the 3.3.8 update
    No I don`t need it quickly, take it in 3.3.8. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    No I don`t need it quickly, take it in 3.3.8. Keep up the good work
    Okay (and thanks )

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    I just discovered that the VCONC doesn't seem to support ranged or melee qualifiers. I have a kineticist in the group and her air defense is concealment vs ranged only, but I can't seem to get it to work vs just ranged.
    I have now implemented range modifiers for VCONC; this is in the version for 3.3.8 (so it can not be downloaded yet; but if there is already a need for it then I can already implement it in the 3.3.7 version )

Hi

There is now a big update, I hope you like it Especially note that the keen extension of darrenan is now incorporated, thus, do not use both together anymore; keen is also now in my extension
    Due to the big amount of changes there could be bugs, I tested it a lot but who knows... Therefore I would be happy if people can test it a bit Thence I already release it

UPDATE:

• Now compatible with 3.3.8, do not use it with previous versions and wait for 3.3.8 if you do not play in the test mode. The combinations with strain and injury are deleted at the moment because I have to wait until strain and injury is compatible with 3.3.8, too
    • VCONC now supports range, i.e. VCONC: (N), [range] where range can be melee, ranged or opportunity. Was a requested feature
    • DMGTYPE can now be assigned with a target like other effects as AC. Especially IFT now works with DMGTYPE, too.
    • Keen extension of darrenan incorporated, thanks! This allows the following:
    • Depending on your "Remove on Miss" choice in the options targets are now also removed on misses due to miss chances like concealment, incorporeal and so on.
    • VULN: (N) all as effect added; despite the wiki page, vulnerability versus everything was not possible. (Beware: VULN with a positive number always overwrites VULN without a number, that was always the case in FG)
    • VULN now respects all suitable damage dice in one total damage and is not applied just once.
    • There were small little rounding problems in HRESIST, VULN and incorporeal (if pathfinder for the latter). Fixed that to a correct rounding w.r.t. fixed damage types. E.g. vulnerability versus fire gives now a total damage of 3 when the total fire damage is 2 = 1 fire + 1 fire (I mean when there were two different dice for that fire damage which were not collected by FG due to critical damage effects etc.). While VULN vs cold and fire still gives a total damage of 2 for a damage result 2 = 1 fire + 1 cold since then the vulnerabilities are applied separately (I guess this is how one should round the vulnerabilities).
    • Remember, damage affecting effects have to be applied such that damage is minimized. Now also DR and Incorporeal (for pathfinder) are in correct order, i.e.

IMMUNE
    FORTIF
    HRESIST
    Incorporeal, for Pathfinder
    DR
    RESIST
    VULN

And very very new feature:

• FORTIF has now physical dice support! The number of rolled dice also fits, e.g. there will be two d100 when there is a critical and a sneak attack die So, the number is arbitrary to support all possible uses of FORTIF (also against other damage types) and depending on how many different damage dice are affected. See also the changes of FORTIF below w.r.t. stacking etc.. There is also a chat message then, you also see some entry about "[vs. list of dmg types]", the listed dmg types are the ones of the affected damage die (that is how FG sorts the involved damage dice) such that you can see which damage dice are negated and which not (the information only about the dmg type in the FORTIF effect would be too less to figure that out in some cases). Thanks to celestian and Trenloe for their help in the workshop

I also made a major rewrite of how damage types are treated. Do not worry, if you use standard rules, nothing changes. The following is just for an easier implementation of homebrew rules and other source books with "that one rule/effect which was never there before". Effects like RESIST already support arbitrary damage types but it doesn't work well for non standard situations. E.g. RESIST: 5 slashing works but it also still applies to daggers although the attacker could use the piercing damage type of the dagger instead. RESIST: 5 piercing and RESIST: 5 slashing also stacked. And lot other things, see e.g. the mentioned thread below. To handle these my aim was to make the code more universal (and I wanted some challenge of generalizing the code ).
    There are some fixes of problems mentioned in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-reduction-bug (the mentioned thread), post #9 and the following.
    So:

• Remember patch 3.3.7:

[PFRPG/3.5E] Immunity effect change: For basic damage type immunity, only applied if immune to all basic damage types; for attribute damage type immunity (critical, precision, lawful, etc.), always applied.
    This now also applies to HRESIST, RESIST and FORTIF.The way how FG defines basic damage types and the attribute ones in such situations is the following table: (I didn't change anything in their definition)

BASIC DAMAGE TYPES ATTRIBUTE DAMAGE TYPES
    Acid Adamantine
    Cold Cold Iron
    Electricity Epic
    Fire Magic
    Sonic Silver
    Force Chaotic
    Positive Evil
    Negative Good
    Bludgeoning Lawful
    Piercing Nonlethal
    Slashing Spell
    Critical
    Precision
    Ghost Touch

• FORTIF, HRESIST, RESIST and VULN are stacking correctly now, so they are not applied too often. FORTIF is rolled for each damage die not more than once but still separately for each damage die such that there are two rolls when there is a critical and a sneak attack die but also when there are two different critical damage effects (burst and weapon critical). That is how FORTIF should work (I hope? Not really clear in the rules ). The number of involved d100 physical dice is accordingly adjusted. Especially, HRESIST: all now works correctly since that was requested The modifiers in FORTIF and RESIST (and also VULN) are taken correctly, i.e. just the biggest available modifier/percentage which is allowed (also respecting the previous point).
    • RESIST against a damage type sometimes overwrote RESIST: (N) all which also overwrite RESIST: (N) regardless of the numbers. Now they are (hopefully) respected correctly

I Hope I didn't forget something It is still not completely universal but should now really cover everything as long as you do not use strange combinations of damage types and dice (since then official rules for applying RESIST etc. are missing, but really only a problem in very extremely different homebrew rules).

I also updated my save versus tags extension (if you do not know yet: this other extension also has some advanced effects more related to spells, like immunity vs. spells and spell resistance and so on)

PS: To implement the physical dice I spent really many hours and I even neglected my work! So, I have to make some break of the extensions to get my lost work hours back Therefore I hope you like the update. First, I had to learn how to use physical dice in the code, then I had to see how to code such that the damage is applied after all d100 are rolled, otherwise FORTIF would not have been respected. Then it was difficult to make the number of d100 arbitrary such that they are not rolled one after another which would have slowed down the game too much (okay, in standard rules they are often only up to 2d100). For that I had to call the effects FORTIF and IMMUNE earlier in the code (IMMUNE supersedes FORTIF, so I had to call it earlier, too). First I copied their codes to the other places in the code but then I realized that the effect options like "skip, one action, one roll" etc. are not working correctly anymore then. Therefore I had to delete later calls of FORTIF and IMMUNE but this meant that I had to carry over their informations in the code which was difficult to figure out because (for that purposes) FG only likes tables of strings, but tables with tables of strings as entries were lost... This made it a bit difficult (since I am not a coder) And many other problems, hopefully it works

PPS: Please remembert me that I will never implement physical dice again whenever I write that I want to implement something like this again
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 19th, 2019 at 23:09.

Oops, just realized that I have uploaded an older version of the extension Now it is the correct one, sorry

Due to that update I had to study the code of this stuff a lot, especially I also understand that way better, also the code about the damage reduction. I now have the feeling that I have a solution for the DR stacking problem (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-reduction-bug) and may put that this in that extension, too, when I have time for that (In that thread I also had already a quick not-well-thought solution but at that point I didn't really understand the code really well and was just brainstorming then. But now I know which problems Moon Wizard meant and I have some idea)

Just uploaded a new version with the following update:

• DR now has the correct stacking rules and reduced damage is applied to the correct DR source effect such that following rolls are treated correctly like criticals

Please tell me if it works correctly now
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 19th, 2019 at 21:33.

There is a problem with the 3.3.8 version, heals and heal effects are not working anymore. I already found the error (it is due to the physical die for fortification; I had to change some function and the heals are also calling these functions) and try to fix it soon
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 22nd, 2019 at 21:10.

So, now it is fixed The code now checks if something is a damage roll to avoid the problem with heal rolls etc (didn't know that heal rolls are calling the same functions; the functions all have "damage" in their name but I understand that of course, heal is like damage with negative values, so similar code of course )

Please let me know if there are any other problems and thanks to the person who pointed me out that problem So it was good to release that already earlier
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 23rd, 2019 at 02:53.

Here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tunity-tracker, I uploaded now combinations of Advanced effects with the AoO tracker if you want to use both (they were a bit incompatible when loaded separately).

I updated these extensions to account the recent changes in 3.3.8 and the combinations with StrainInjury are now back in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...695#post445695

Thread Information