STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Do you have a DnD Beyond Account yet?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do!

41 75.93%
  • Not yet!

13 24.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Lightbulb DnD Beyond to Fantasy Grounds XML conversion tool.

If you have some characters made and built in DnD Beyond, you can convert your PC into Fantasy Grounds format. A handy tool created by Boomer ET, and donated to the community is live and can be found at; This tool is still a work in progress and will get better over time with testing, encouragement, and patience. This will only work with the DnD5e Ruleset, and you must have a subscription to a DnD Beyond account. Convert DnD Beyond nd into Fantasy Grounds, a handy conversion tool! The tool has some issues with inventory and spells, but most of the other things will convert over. For issues, please report via the web page.

Have fun!

Laerun
    https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

MOD: Removed link
    Last edited by superteddy57; February 9th, 2021 at 18:00. Reason: MOD Removed link
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I just tried this tool but it doesn't seem to work. Nothing happens after I hit the button after putting in the DnD Beyond Character number in the box. I'm using Vivaldi as my browser is there any trick to get this to work, does the browser matter, or is there a setting that needs to be set in the browser to get it to work?

Blog Entries
    I haven't used this tool, but your question about trying another browser, yes, I would try something mainstream like IE, Edge, or Chrome.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just tried it in both Chrome and Firefox and nothing populated in the XML box for me, either. I wonder if they changed something security-wise on the site recently to prevent scraping this data.
    Last edited by midas; May 6th, 2019 at 19:19.

End User Error...
    It works like a charm for me. Check if your DnD Beyond Char is set to Public. Private chars cannot be accessed. Cheers.

Yep, all my characters are set to public. Tried it on three different machines as well. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click Get Character Data, have tried on 4 or 5 of my characters.

To be clear, I'm following the instructions on the site and entering just the numeric character ID in the box.

I can go to a machine that's never logged into dndbeyond and go to https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/XXXXXX and the character sheet comes up so I know the character info is public.
    Last edited by midas; May 6th, 2019 at 20:11.

Same for me, characters are public and the XML doesn't come up at all. It used to work. I've converted several characters this way in the past.

I contacted the creator and he’s fixed it. Works for me again!

Yep, working here now as well.

Yep works like a charm for me too!

Thread Information