STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    For testing, in future have the FG console open by typing /console in the chat window before you exit FG - then don’t just close down FG, exit back to the launcher via the desktop right click menu - look in the console and see if there are any errors or warning regarding saving/updating files.
    when i do that i see the error that i started with

For testing, in future have the FG console open by typing /console in the chat window before you exit FG - then don’t just close down FG, exit back to the launcher via the desktop right click menu - look in the console and see if there are any errors or warning regarding saving/updating files.
    Hey

When I do that i dont get an error now but as soon as i load it. I get the error that started this thread

Where are you storing your FG Data folder (i.e. what's the full path to the folder) and do you have full read/write access to that location?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Where are you storing your FG Data folder (i.e. what's the full path to the folder) and do you have full read/write access to that location?
    C:\Users\mmay****\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns

is this what you looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike May**** View Post
    When I do that i dont get an error now but as soon as i load it. I get the error that started this thread
    Please post the campaign.xml file that you're having issues with.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please post the campaign.xml file that you're having issues with.
    What would be the best way to post the campaign file on here . I cant copy and paste it here and when i drag it over it opens up to another internet page. i could copy and paste that but it would be a lot

sorry i am not the greatest at computers

i hope this works i tried to attach the file

i have attached the campaign file
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have attached the campaign file
    Thanks for posting.

Was that the actual campaign.xml file? Because it contains the data from a db.xml file. I've known the campaign.xml file to rarely get corrupted (become zero length) but I've never heard of it getting overwritten with the data from db.xml.

The campaign.xml file is very short and contains little data. A 5E campaign.xml will contain just this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3">
    	<password></password>
    	<ruleset>5E</ruleset>
    	<username>GM</username>
    </root>
    Are you doing any editing on that file at all?
    When is that data changing? When you exit a campaign in FG if you immediately open that file what does it look like?
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 19th, 2019 at 20:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for posting.

Was that the actual campaign.xml file? Because it contains the data from a db.xml file. I've known the campaign.xml file to rarely get corrupted (become zero length) but I've never heard of it getting overwritten with the data from db.xml.

The campaign.xml file is very short and contains little data. A 5E campaign.xml will contain just this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3">
    	<password></password>
    	<ruleset>5E</ruleset>
    	<username>GM</username>
    </root>
    Are you doing any editing on that file at all?
    When is that data changing? When you exit a campaign in FG if you immediately open that file what does it look like?
    Let me bring a another campaign file from my other waterdeep campaigns. I haven't modified any data

Let me bring a another campaign file from my other waterdeep campaigns.
    Thanks for posting.

Yeah, that's got corrupted:

Are you using a password with that campaign? If so, does it have any non standard characters in it?

Copy over the attached campaign.xml file and see if your campaign loads OK. Keep a copy of this handy, and if you get the error in future, don't manually edit any of the XML files, just copy this file back over.

I haven't modified any data
    Are you just modifying data within FG or are you editing the XML directly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information