FG Spreadshirt Swag

A quick question I have just for clarity

I've purchased the monthly subscription for the first level of Fantasy Grounds hoping that I could get some use out of it getting together with folks who run their TTGs through it - but the biggest question/concern I have right now is regarding the matter of the material needed...The crux of my concern is that I own the physical D&D5e Player's Handbook and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Do I have to own them as well on Fantasy Grounds in order to be able to use them in games? Do players (not DM's) need to purchase the materials in order to be able to use them? Or do players use what the GM's have access to?

When you join a game, the GM can make anything they have available to you. You will only have access to it while connected to their campaign.

You can also purchase things yourself, then you will have access to it all the time.

Hi Captain welcome to FG

Whether you require anything other than a license depends entirely on whether you intend to be a Dungeon Master or a player.

If the latter then all you theoretically need is the demo version of Fantasy Grounds since most DMs will have the Ultimate version. Owning the Standard license means that you will also be able to join games where the DM only has a Standard license as well. As a player you don't need any of the books such as the PHB or Xanathar's guide since your DM will likely own at least the PHB and probably more source books. The DM is able to share any such modules that they own with the players. If the DM doesn't own, say Xanathar's, and you want to create a character using material found in that module then you will either need to buy the Fantasy Grounds module or type the information into the character sheet manually.

If you intend to DM games then you probably need at least the PHB in order that your players can access it for character creation. What other modules you buy would be up to your preference and budget.

More details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eed-to-play-5e
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information