STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

[Interest Check] Homebrew D&D 5e Game - Tuesdays

ALL of the below is subject to change . . .

(New Player Friendly)

FG License: GM has Ultimate License (meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Game System: D&D 5E (Homebrew)

Time Zone: US Central Standard Time [GMT-6] (Current Local Time)
    Day of week and time: Tuesday Time: To be determined but really anytime that is best for the group (I am looking at somewhere in the 6PM-10PM range - CDT/GMT-5)
    If new game, planned start date: April 30th (willing to connect and work with players on PC creation any time before then)
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly
    Term: Short-Long term campaign (depending on continued player interest)

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord (link to the channel is in my signature)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
    Number of Players in game & needed: 2-5
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level, Equipment based on Background
    Character/Campaign restrictions: A D&D 5e game trying to capture an old school feeling (see below);
    Class: Fighter, Wizard, Cleric or Rogue only (from the PHB) BUT I am open to Paladin’s and Rangers (within context of the gameworld).
    Race: Human (no variant), Dwarf or Elf only (no half-Elf) as implemented in the PHB
    Attributes: 4d6 and drop the lowest, rolled in front of the GM (either in FG or on our Discord) and placed in any order (no Standard Array or Point Buy)
    Background Tweaks: Besides a standard Background (from the PHB), players will also choose from a realistic dark age/medieval based occupation and incorporate that into their background/concept (a list and details are provided in the 'GM Announcements of the GameCalendar')
    Deity: Choose from 1 of 10 (a list and details are provided in the 'GM Announcements of the GameCalendar').
    Alignment: D&D Alignment replaced with Morality system (a list and details are provided in the 'GM Announcements of the GameCalendar')
    Optional/Variants Rules: Healers Kit Dependency (no other Optional Rules will be used such as feats, flanking, etc).
    Backstory: Do NOT create this yet but it’s ok to be working on a generic idea. There will be many regional factors involved including where you are from, whom your parents are, etc., (it can be pretty detailed and involved so you may want to hold back on that until we start character creation).
    Magic: Magic is mostly legal, as long as it doesn't involve demons or affect human souls. Those are the areas governed by the evil gods and are illegal in most areas. Where they are legal they are closely guarded by the evil churches. Conducting such spells will result in the mage being accused of witchcraft. This accusation can also occur if a person claims they are being harmed by magic. Witchcraft is punishable by execution. Cleric spells require faith in a particular deity are considered miracles performed by a god and not magic. Wizard spells require skill and learning, invocations and are considered magic. Wizards and Clerics alike get upset when someone confuses magic and miracles.

Details of your scenario:
    Details are still being worked out in my head but the general storyline is as follows;

Reclaiming Hargeth: The skeletal remains of Hargeth village stand in silent ruin some leagues to the west of Kathane. Sir Korus of Ynel, Bailiff of Kathane, has made it known in no uncertain terms that Hargeth is off limits. No one in the village is to speak of the place to visitors under pain of the lash and a heavy fine to prevent the curious from stirring up the shade that is said to inhabit the ruins. Little is known of the true happenings of the place. The story goes that over a century ago a shaman of the Kath tribe ordered the destruction of Hargeth and sacrificed the lord and villagers to their dark gods. The truth of the matter is more unpleasant…

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3450

NOTE: No evil characters, min-maxers or disruptive players will be tolerated. We are here to have fun not antagonize each other. Most of us get enough of that in real life already.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; April 19th, 2019 at 00:26.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

i like the sound of this if this becomes a thing i would love to join

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by machinegunn1 View Post
    i like the sound of this if this becomes a thing i would love to join
    There are a couple others who expressed interest and so I set up a discord to discuss details (discord link in my signature). There is a game calendar link in that sig as well.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    It looks like we are full up and then some so I'm closing signup at this time. If anyone reading this thread is interested and wants to be put on the standby list, please shoot me a PM and join us on discord (the link in my signature).

how long do the sessions usually go? I know your camp is full but wanted to offer as an alt. I see that it starts at 6:30 my time, My issue is that I work graveyards 10 pm to 9 am, so would have to leave by 9:30 (so 3 hours to play).

Blog Entries
    We usually go to at least 10PM CDT.

hold the phone, i am -7 MST so your 10 pm would be my 9 pm right? so the start time of 6:30 CDT = 5:30 MST. Woild love to join. *8D

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that would be 6:30 PM your time. I can add you as a standby but we have 6 players at the moment who are pretty much always there.

Thread Information