Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Thanks Celestian

I figured that Int/Wis were somehow related to Psionics use but didn't notice the int setting even. I don’t have access to 2E, only full1E books and 2E Phb/dmg are on my iBooks and I am at work now.

I didn’t remember well 2E enough. I thought the opposed strength checks and other like abil checks came in 3E. Sure, I used to have folks roll under str or decide time to time in 1e but didn’t remember it as a rule.

Right, I recall Moon mention the node thing. So, in that case, I am better off NOT being all nice and hierarchical in my monster xml (less issue for PCs since there are less to load but will revisit to see if overdid anything) if all it does is makes the xml easier to read/hand-edit it is NOT worth it to me to add useless parent nodes if they end up creating lua objects for my vanity.

Knowing this I may also start with the most minimalist O can on abils etc thinking they are not needed in SW (or 1e?) enough for the node cost. I can always add - easier than pruning later.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Knowing this I may also start with the most minimalist O can on abils etc thinking they are not needed in SW (or 1e?) enough for the node cost. I can always add - easier than pruning later.
    This is probably not the best thread to discuss this but if it was me I would pick a ruleset that matches the closest target I was after and move from there. There are solutions to work around the node issue. Removing ability scores is not going to make that much difference and it's going to hinder you when you need them. If you want to use text based parsing like 5E does you can have a more flat npc sheet. I found the parsing to be confusing/complex for the user base and why I went the way I did.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays

Thread Information