Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    Cool, works for me. Actually glad you made them up since there is clearly no such in S&W - so I’ll do the same.

  2. #22
    Beerbelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Time Zone, GMT -6
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual please post them here.

    I'm working on a project site here. My goal will be to try and translate requests here (Bugs/feedback) to there as I can so folks will be able to see what is being worked on and what is in the queue. I'll do my best to update them in a reasonable timeframe.

    So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.
    I noticed the Ghoul image is linked to the image for Ghosts

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    I noticed the Ghoul image is linked to the image for Ghosts
    Fixed, thanks for the report. Look for it next week. Was Ghoul and Ghast but not Lacedon /boggle.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  4. #24
    Wondering what difference/challenges I might face using the 2E MM in my 1E game? Are these creatures hot swappable in my 1E game or will I need to tweak them (is there an overall difference across all creatures, or minor difference among a portion of them)? I'd love to buy this book and make my game prep time a simpler affair.

    I never played or ran 2e...I clung to the 1e raft as if my life depended upon it heh

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Wondering what difference/challenges I might face using the 2E MM in my 1E game? Are these creatures hot swappable in my 1E game or will I need to tweak them (is there an overall difference across all creatures, or minor difference among a portion of them)? I'd love to buy this book and make my game prep time a simpler affair.

    I never played or ran 2e...I clung to the 1e raft as if my life depended upon it heh
    Mechanically it's the same pretty much. Dragons, demons/devils and giants are a bit more powerful however. You'll want to review the age category for dragons and reduce them to match what you're wanting. Giants use their strength bonus on damage which 1e didn't do (just flat damage rolls). Demons/devils are a bit more complex. I worked up 1e versions of the type 1-5s for ToEE that are included in that product when it gets released. Same for the dragons present in that. If you'd rather not do it yourself.

    There is certainly some more nuanced changes in 2E from 1E but that's the bulk of it.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  6. #26
    Quick question, does this product come with tokens for the creatures that have art? I feel like they would be perfect for running isle of dread.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by implord66 View Post
    Quick question, does this product come with tokens for the creatures that have art? I feel like they would be perfect for running isle of dread.
    Yes, the tokens are created using the images that each creature had in the MM. There are some that do not (like herd animals/etc) have a specific one but where they exist they were used. The portrait is also included in the description to share with your players for a better view of the entire beast.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Yes, the tokens are created using the images that each creature had in the MM. There are some that do not (like herd animals/etc) have a specific one but where they exist they were used. The portrait is also included in the description to share with your players for a better view of the entire beast.
    Excellent, thank you!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in