DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Cool, works for me. Actually glad you made them up since there is clearly no such in S&W - so I’ll do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual please post them here.

I'm working on a project site here. My goal will be to try and translate requests here (Bugs/feedback) to there as I can so folks will be able to see what is being worked on and what is in the queue. I'll do my best to update them in a reasonable timeframe.

So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.
    I noticed the Ghoul image is linked to the image for Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    I noticed the Ghoul image is linked to the image for Ghosts
    Fixed, thanks for the report. Look for it next week. Was Ghoul and Ghast but not Lacedon /boggle.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Wondering what difference/challenges I might face using the 2E MM in my 1E game? Are these creatures hot swappable in my 1E game or will I need to tweak them (is there an overall difference across all creatures, or minor difference among a portion of them)? I'd love to buy this book and make my game prep time a simpler affair.

I never played or ran 2e...I clung to the 1e raft as if my life depended upon it heh

Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Wondering what difference/challenges I might face using the 2E MM in my 1E game? Are these creatures hot swappable in my 1E game or will I need to tweak them (is there an overall difference across all creatures, or minor difference among a portion of them)? I'd love to buy this book and make my game prep time a simpler affair.

I never played or ran 2e...I clung to the 1e raft as if my life depended upon it heh
    Mechanically it's the same pretty much. Dragons, demons/devils and giants are a bit more powerful however. You'll want to review the age category for dragons and reduce them to match what you're wanting. Giants use their strength bonus on damage which 1e didn't do (just flat damage rolls). Demons/devils are a bit more complex. I worked up 1e versions of the type 1-5s for ToEE that are included in that product when it gets released. Same for the dragons present in that. If you'd rather not do it yourself.

There is certainly some more nuanced changes in 2E from 1E but that's the bulk of it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quick question, does this product come with tokens for the creatures that have art? I feel like they would be perfect for running isle of dread.

Quote Originally Posted by implord66 View Post
    Quick question, does this product come with tokens for the creatures that have art? I feel like they would be perfect for running isle of dread.
    Yes, the tokens are created using the images that each creature had in the MM. There are some that do not (like herd animals/etc) have a specific one but where they exist they were used. The portrait is also included in the description to share with your players for a better view of the entire beast.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Yes, the tokens are created using the images that each creature had in the MM. There are some that do not (like herd animals/etc) have a specific one but where they exist they were used. The portrait is also included in the description to share with your players for a better view of the entire beast.
    Excellent, thank you!!!!

Quick question - I just started planning monster entries for my ruleset:

1. How did you determine the "ability stats" for things like Aboleth (pulled one at random from top ) - I see 10s on nearly everything I looked at in MM. Makes sense, you wanted to include the stats to be easier to convert to PC sheets (GREAT concept btw!, especially for bosses) but why wasn't it just 10s - I see you have Int 16, Wis 15 and Con 14 - not challenging the numbers, trying to understand where/how got so I can see if I need to do anything other than straight 9s in my system

2. Have you seen a drawback to having all this data per monster, especially when they do not use the majority of the fields. I have ZERO clue, do the xml tags stay loaded and use up game memory/speed? Space on disc we do not care about even if it was big which it isn't. Before I go all out, if it has downsides I want to know because can start more basic if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Quick question - I just started planning monster entries for my ruleset:

1. How did you determine the "ability stats" for things like Aboleth (pulled one at random from top ) - I see 10s on nearly everything I looked at in MM. Makes sense, you wanted to include the stats to be easier to convert to PC sheets (GREAT concept btw!, especially for bosses) but why wasn't it just 10s - I see you have Int 16, Wis 15 and Con 14 - not challenging the numbers, trying to understand where/how got so I can see if I need to do anything other than straight 9s in my system

2. Have you seen a drawback to having all this data per monster, especially when they do not use the majority of the fields. I have ZERO clue, do the xml tags stay loaded and use up game memory/speed? Space on disc we do not care about even if it was big which it isn't. Before I go all out, if it has downsides I want to know because can start more basic if so.
    I'm not sure why I had con/wis set on the Aboleth tho I suspect it had something to do with Psionics. I might have been looking at a later version of the Aboleth for those at one time. Intelligence is listed in the block so really it should just be set to 14 and the others 10. I used 10 as the default. The reason I put ability scores on creatures is because some have them... and you also have ability checks. Like opposing strength checks and the like.

The memory/disk use is really insignificant but copying/creating them takes more time per node. Node creation in FG takes a significant amount of time so when you have a lot of them you'll see a delay while it processes the creation. Moon has said this is because each node is a LUA object but there is really nothing that can be done at this time to change it.

That was why I re-wrote the CT to not frontload all the creation/node replication. Instead it does the minimal amount of node creation until the object is needed.
    ---

Thread Information