FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    For something like an ogre I personally always did.
    you are a hard DM

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Should an ogre be getting 18/00 strength , i was rather surprised when this happensAttachment 27155

also is there a way to be turn off the optional rule of PC's dying at -10 HP?
    I will add an "Attack/Fist" that is unarmed that does 1-10 w/o strength bonus. The current entry is with a weapon and they get strength bonuses with weapons as do all giants.

If your group chooses to not use the -10 rule you can ignore the chat output. It's only text output and does not actually change any game mechanic. The issue with adding a toggle for every optional rule is then there would be a very large page of those options. JPG has warned me against such things so I am following his advice.

i appreciate that but the stat block on the MM is a straight 1d10 dnd 2e creatures don't get effected by stats, i don't remember coming across DM's back in the day adding strength damage to monsters
    From the MM entry:

DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1-10 or by weapon +6

Ogres wielding weapons get a Strength bonus of +2 to hit; leaders have +3, chieftains have +4.
    Last edited by celestian; April 25th, 2019 at 16:41.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Great work as always Celestian. I was wondering if there was a reason the default initiative modifier for all the monsters was 1. This would not accurately represent initiative by size. I am happy to go back and manually adjust them but was wondering if there was a fix for this incoming before I did.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Great work as always Celestian. I was wondering if there was a reason the default initiative modifier for all the monsters was 1. This would not accurately represent initiative by size. I am happy to go back and manually adjust them but was wondering if there was a fix for this incoming before I did.
    The default is based on size and initiative modifier values on that. If you drag/drop a giant you'll see what I mean. You can set the initiative in the combat details and it will use that instead (look at zombie for an example).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is it right that we don't have many devils and demons? Like for Tanar'ri we have only two true, slaads, and imps. No creatures like Vrocks for example. I thought Vrocks were in the updated monster manual but maybe i'm wrong.

If not count me in as someone who will buy more MM content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Is it right that we don't have many devils and demons? Like for Tanar'ri we have only two true, slaads, and imps. No creatures like Vrocks for example. I thought Vrocks were in the updated monster manual but maybe i'm wrong.

If not count me in as someone who will buy more MM content.
    All of the demons/devils from the Monstrous Manual are in the FG module.

Those are the only ones in the MM (imps/etc also). The other types appeared in various other products. I'm hoping we see the Monstrous Annuals Vol 1-4 someday
    ---

Also versions of Vrocks and other demons and devil's are in the OSRIC NPC module

Also versions of Vrocks and other demons and devil's are in the OSRIC NPC module
    Ah ok, thanks.

Celestian, where did you get the data for “Type” filter?

I am setting up NPC filters for my project and I was considering adding such tags but in my game’s Monsters book there are no such classification, as it makes sense, I wanted to see if you got it from some 2E official source or if this was back extrapolated from 5E.

I kind of remember them though from before 5E but maybe was my brief foray into 3.5 and not from my dim later 2E memories?

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Celestian, where did you get the data for “Type” filter?

I am setting up NPC filters for my project and I was considering adding such tags but in my game’s Monsters book there are no such classification, as it makes sense, I wanted to see if you got it from some 2E official source or if this was back extrapolated from 5E.

I kind of remember them though from before 5E but maybe was my brief foray into 3.5 and not from my dim later 2E memories?
    I made them up. Dragons are dragons, humanoids are pretty simple (humanoid). I also have types like "Humanoid, Lizardman, Reptile" so if someone is using a weapon that does bonus damage to reptile or lizardman it'll work. Things that had a clear type got one, those that did not are set to "other". Humanoid, Dragon, Animal, Fish, Insect, Undead, Golem... etc.
    ---

Thread Information