FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Thanks Celestian

I figured that Int/Wis were somehow related to Psionics use but didn't notice the int setting even. I don’t have access to 2E, only full1E books and 2E Phb/dmg are on my iBooks and I am at work now.

I didn’t remember well 2E enough. I thought the opposed strength checks and other like abil checks came in 3E. Sure, I used to have folks roll under str or decide time to time in 1e but didn’t remember it as a rule.

Right, I recall Moon mention the node thing. So, in that case, I am better off NOT being all nice and hierarchical in my monster xml (less issue for PCs since there are less to load but will revisit to see if overdid anything) if all it does is makes the xml easier to read/hand-edit it is NOT worth it to me to add useless parent nodes if they end up creating lua objects for my vanity.

Knowing this I may also start with the most minimalist O can on abils etc thinking they are not needed in SW (or 1e?) enough for the node cost. I can always add - easier than pruning later.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Knowing this I may also start with the most minimalist O can on abils etc thinking they are not needed in SW (or 1e?) enough for the node cost. I can always add - easier than pruning later.
    This is probably not the best thread to discuss this but if it was me I would pick a ruleset that matches the closest target I was after and move from there. There are solutions to work around the node issue. Removing ability scores is not going to make that much difference and it's going to hinder you when you need them. If you want to use text based parsing like 5E does you can have a more flat npc sheet. I found the parsing to be confusing/complex for the user base and why I went the way I did.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I was messing with the Dragonne, and its Roar ability should lower the Strength of affected characters by 50%. However, it is adding 50% to Strength instead.
    The effect is written as STR:-[$STR/2], but it worked for me and lowered Strength instead when I put the minus sign inside the brackets STR:[-$STR/2].

Another issue I noticed is that the effect doesn't work (either way) if the Strength score is odd.
    You still see the effect in the Effects tab of the combat tracker, but it doesn't apply to the character and it throws a script error.
    I couldn't find a way to do floor division...I tried // but it didn't work.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MrHack; March 24th, 2020 at 20:06.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHack View Post
    I was messing with the Dragonne, and its Roar ability should lower the Strength of affected characters by 50%. However, it is adding 50% to Strength instead.
    The effect is written as STR:-[$STR/2], but it worked for me and lowered Strength instead when I put the minus sign inside the brackets STR:[-$STR/2].

Another issue I noticed is that the effect doesn't work (either way) if the Strength score is odd.
    You still see the effect in the Effects tab of the combat tracker, but it doesn't apply to the character and it throws a script error.
    I couldn't find a way to do floor division...I tried // but it didn't work.

Thanks!
    Thanks for your report. Found the problem and resolved for next update.

STR:-[$STR/2] will result in STR:-8 for someone with a score of 17.

The rounding features I added for HEALX/DMGX were causing some hiccups.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi, complete noob so may be missing something.

When I open the MM it says that the monsters can be found in the index. For the life of me I can't find any index.

The only index I can find is when designing a campaign and I click on the NPC tab.

Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    Hi, complete noob so may be missing something.

When I open the MM it says that the monsters can be found in the index. For the life of me I can't find any index.

The only index I can find is when designing a campaign and I click on the NPC tab.

Is this normal?
    NPCs are in the "NPC" records list. On the Sidebar, look for NPCs. The new menu system will consolidate all records like these under the "Records" button (that update should be out later today).
    ---

The Death Dog and the Wild Dog have the same details and the same token. Also, there is no image for the Death Dog. Dog.png
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    The Death Dog and the Wild Dog have the same details and the same token. Also, there is no image for the Death Dog. Dog.png
    There is no art in the MM for the death dog so I used the existing dog image. Each dog has a section in the description, if you scroll down you will see the death dog, war dogs, blink dogs/etc specific details listed.

You'll note their attacks and quick notes reflect their special abilities to that version of the dog.
    ---

Thanks!
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

FYI
    On the Spirit Naga, the Details tab as a link for the Dark Naga Image instead f the Spirit Naga.
    It also lists two attacks Attack #1 and Bite - I think only the bite should be valid?
    Thanks.

Thread Information