FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

AD&D 2E Player's Handbook feedback thread

If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E Player's Handbook please post them here.

So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.
    Last edited by celestian; May 20th, 2021 at 20:25.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Just purchased all three reference modules.

I have an engineering qualification test scheduled for Wednesday.

Unable able to decide if I want to be employed - or - be happy screwing around with AD&D 2nd edition.

Maybe I should allow my wife to decide.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Just purchased all three reference modules.

I have an engineering qualification test scheduled for Wednesday.

Unable able to decide if I want to be employed - or - be happy screwing around with AD&D 2nd edition.

Maybe I should allow my wife to decide.
    Dont let her decide unless she plays too!

Blog Entries
    Would it be possible to have a version of weapons that already have the weapon type vs armor adjustments on them? If not, would it be against the rules for someone to make custom versions and export them into a module to share?

Great work by the way... I know I've said it on Discord, but this is some impressive work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    If not, would it be against the rules for someone to make custom versions and export them into a module to share?
    If they are replicating, or based on, what’s in the PHB and are not 100% game mechanics only, then yes, that would be against the rules (copyright).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Would it be possible to have a version of weapons that already have the weapon type vs armor adjustments on them?
    I went back and forth on this and in the end I decided to leave it up to the DM. The reasons for that are it's a optional rule. Far as I know, not a very popular one, tho that could just be anecdotal. There is also how it works. To make it work the npc target needs to have the armor piece equipped and an effect added to the weapon used. Because of how FG handles node creation/management that causes some delays when loading the encounters of a lot of creatures with multiple inventory nodes into the combat tracker. I've been bouncing around some other methods in my head but as of yet I've not come up with a better way to handle it.... for those reasons, while the feature exists to use it I left it up to the DM.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I went back and forth on this and in the end I decided to leave it up to the DM. The reasons for that are it's a optional rule. Far as I know, not a very popular one, tho that could just be anecdotal. There is also how it works. To make it work the npc target needs to have the armor piece equipped and an effect added to the weapon used. Because of how FG handles node creation/management that causes some delays when loading the encounters of a lot of creatures with multiple inventory nodes into the combat tracker. I've been bouncing around some other methods in my head but as of yet I've not come up with a better way to handle it.... for those reasons, while the feature exists to use it I left it up to the DM.
    Yeah, I've already figured out how to get it to work, just a lot of data entry on the front end and then custom creatures which use actual weapons in play.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Bastard Sword - 1h speed is correct (6), but 2h shows (6) instead of (8)

In the Weapons window from Items the table is missing the Heading under Martial Weapons.
    Ultimate License holder

Current Games: 5e Eberron, C&C

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Bastard Sword - 1h speed is correct (6), but 2h shows (6) instead of (8)
    Found and fixed, thanks! (and in the DMG). Updates go out Tuesday so that'll be when you see it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayveen View Post
    In the Weapons window from Items the table is missing the Heading under Martial Weapons.
    Hum, missed that. I need to remove those "subtypes" since they are not used in the same way in AD&D. I've got it on the task list, thanks for the report!.
    ---

Thread Information