FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    I do agree ranger should be without compare. Though i was just making note of it being listed incorrect (might have been a typo). Did not know it was intended to have it with a penalty not listed on book.

I think that was taken into account on the book. page 28/29 says they gets tracking without expending any points for the skill. They also note that

-"Furthermore, this skill improves by +1 for every three levels the ranger has earned(3rd to 5th, +1; 6th to 8th level, +2, etc)"

To my understanding that bonus was to show they are better than your average non ranger.

Thanks for explanation on the reason it's -6

Last edited by Grumpzz; April 28th, 2020 at 00:12.

The description of the -6 penalty for tracking is in the description of the proficiency itself, " Characters with tracking proficiency are able to follow the trail of creatures and characters across most types of terrain. Characters who are not rangers roll a proficiency check with a -6 penalty to their ability scores; rangers have no penalty to their ability scores. In addition, other modifiers are also applied to the attempt, according to Table 39." The gaming proficiency, as you stated, does not show up in the Warrior skill section as it should.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

You guys are totally correct on the tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpzz View Post
    Hello,
    Was looking at the skills that come with the player's handbook and noticed that under Warrior it is missing 1 skill.

1- Warrior: Gaming CHA Mod 0 (Currently not listed under this filter) (its listed under Rogue also so no worries)
    I've corrected in my development copy. The update will go out when I am able to submit my next patch bundle.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is there and plans on a complete book of the drow or a Unearthed arcana?

Quote Originally Posted by Natewizard View Post
    Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is there and plans on a complete book of the drow or a Unearthed arcana?
    Complete Book of Drow? I don't think I ever saw such a thing? Did you mean something else? As to Unearthed Arcana, that is a 1e rulebook. Basic and 1e adventures are game for conversions however (adapted for the 2E ruleset).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Complete Book of Drow? I don't think I ever saw such a thing? Did you mean something else? As to Unearthed Arcana, that is a 1e rulebook. Basic and 1e adventures are game for conversions however (adapted for the 2E ruleset).
    https://www.enciclopediagdr.com/i-drow-dei-reami/

Blog Entries
    Huh... never seen that one before.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drow_of_the_Underdark

I've actually got that one, never heard it called Complete book of Drow so was a bit confused.
    ---

Thread Information