FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    The various Rings of Protection are only improving saving throws and not AC

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    The various Rings of Protection are only improving saving throws and not AC
    Just tested locally with various rings of protection from the 2E DMG to be sure and seems to work. Specifics? Extensions?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

works ok on Character sheets ring of protection.PNG
    but not on the NPC sheets, the bullywug stays at AC 6. I tried on a character and it worked ok, i thought i would see and effect for the AC on the Iem sheet like there is for the Save modifier

works ok on Character sheets ring of protection.PNG
    but not on the NPC sheets, the bullywug stays at AC 6. I tried on a character and it worked ok, i thought i would see and effect for the AC on the Iem sheet like there is for the Save modifier
    Armor doesn't affect NPCs at all. It's only useful to have for weapon v armor or to drag/drop the npc onto the Party Sheet inventory list and drop all those items there. The armor value used is the value set for the NPC on their sheet.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

ok I assumed as dropping weapons on the inventory slot of the NPC had an effect items effecting AC would as well

I know its not going to be a pressing issue Celestian, but how do you recommend dealing with intelligent Swords, treat them as a NPC or as a item?

Blog Entries
    So if you create an NPC as a PC and then clone to NPC it will grab the AC from the PC sheet when you clone.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I know its not going to be a pressing issue Celestian, but how do you recommend dealing with intelligent Swords, treat them as a NPC or as a item?
    Rustmonster.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

ok I assumed as dropping weapons on the inventory slot of the NPC had an effect items effecting AC would as well
    Effects will be used. AC granted from the ring of protection is not an effect. It works like a shield mechanically.

Right now, manual. For the most part it's an RP thing, not a mechanical thing. Store any private information you want to keep from the player in the DM section on the item.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Could we get a few examples of scrolls with divine/arcane spells on them with the effects configured properly to appear on the PC and NPC Actions tab under the Powers sub-tab?

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information