DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 39 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    While teaching some tips and tricks for Fantasy Grounds I noticed a few "bugs", if I can call them that.

If you roll initiative from the hotkey bar, it actually allows you to roll initiative once again instead of blocking it from rolling it twice. When attacking using a ranged weapon from the hotbar, it doesn't auto reduce ammo. But then, I noticed that the ammo reducing also doesn't work on the 5e ruleset, so should it be reported somewhere else?
    The "Alt" key is the button that allows override of rolling initiative more than once on that round. If you "bind" your initiative to the "alt" slots of macro buttons it will not check if you've already rolled initiative.

Not much I can do about it unfortunately other than completely remove the ability to "force" re-roll initiative.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

First, thank you for creating this ruleset!

Second, I am not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible: while I love 2nd ed. I like the way saving throws and cantrips are done in 5E. How would I go about trying to integrate those? Is it possible? I don't know if an extension would work? I imagine I could just add the cantrips in manually but wondered if there was another way.

If an extension would work, is there a good write-up or video explaining their creation?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by devincor View Post
    First, thank you for creating this ruleset!

Second, I am not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible: while I love 2nd ed. I like the way saving throws and cantrips are done in 5E. How would I go about trying to integrate those? Is it possible? I don't know if an extension would work? I imagine I could just add the cantrips in manually but wondered if there was another way.

If an extension would work, is there a good write-up or video explaining their creation?

Thank you.
    Cantrips are just 0 level spells. Create a spell that's 0 level and you should be fine.

5E Saves, that's something you'll have to back port through extension if you really want them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! for all your hard work bringing AD&D to this program. Honestly I would not have given this another look if it was not for what you did. So Again Thank you.

Excellent work on the 2E rule set. I am just starting to explore the level of details with this rule set. Question on spells bonuses based on wisdom. 4th level Dwarf cleric with 17 Wisdom properly shows 5-1st level spells but only 2-2nd level spells on character sheet. Still working my way through the 2E videos. Thanks again.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by Lexfire View Post
    Excellent work on the 2E rule set. I am just starting to explore the level of details with this rule set. Question on spells bonuses based on wisdom. 4th level Dwarf cleric with 17 Wisdom properly shows 5-1st level spells but only 2-2nd level spells on character sheet. Still working my way through the 2E videos. Thanks again.
    That is correct. 2 first, 2 second and 1 third.
    ---

The totals at 4th level cleric caster is showing 5-1st and 2-2nd on the character sheet versus 5-1st and 4-2nd.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by Lexfire View Post
    The totals at 4th level cleric caster is showing 5-1st and 2-2nd on the character sheet versus 5-1st and 4-2nd.
    I think I see the confusion here. Bonus spells are not automatically applied. A cleric's advancement will, at level 4, have 3 1st and 2 2nd level spell slots. Right now you have to manually apply those bonus slots but the additional slots will be remembered when you level next.

I do have plans to try and come up with some features to automatically apply bonuses from wisdom, class, kits, items and misc additions but currently it's not automated.
    ---

Hi Celestian, Following on from our back and forth on the module thread yesterday, I just wanted to ask another question about how the ruleset expresses the rules in combat.
    So the players have individual initiative. In the core rules of the game, they still declare what they want to do pre roll as I understand it? And the spells add to the rolled initiative. For example, If im a cleric, and I want to cast cure wounds, I add 5 to my initiative roll for my final initiative.

In the combat tracker, where I have just been playing around, if the cleric casts cure wound, that turn, it adds an effect to him. What does that actually mean in terms of gameplay in Fantasy Grounds? Does that modify his placement in the combat tracker for that turn? For example Dave the cleric gets 3 for initiative and bob the fighter gets 5. Dave is up first. He casts cure wounds which puts his initiative at 8, which would mean Bob goes first. Is this automatically done within the same round or as a player, would I have to add that mod myself?

Many thanks again, and sorry for bombarding you with so many newbie questions.

Thread Information