STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 39 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    I believe I found a bug in the combat tracker. When right clicking the 'next round' button to advance more than a single round (+5, +10, etc), effects that have a round-based duration are only decremented by a single round no matter which multiple you pick. The round counter increases by the correct number, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    I believe I found a bug in the combat tracker. When right clicking the 'next round' button to advance more than a single round (+5, +10, etc), effects that have a round-based duration are only decremented by a single round no matter which multiple you pick. The round counter increases by the correct number, though.
    You are correct. The last time I set about to have a time management system I ran into an issue where if you incremented time beyond 1 round it would spam chat with various turns/initiative markers. At the time I was not prepared to resolve those so left the system as it was by default. I do plan to revisit and have a better time management system. One that would allow you to increment time in a large block and it update effect timers properly.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Gotcha. Yeah, it would be convenient to have that functionality, but sounds like it's not worth the trouble.

I'm having trouble getting the turn undead button on the PCs action tab to work when targeting undead creatures. I have a 3rd level cleric that was trying to turn some simple skeletons and the button is not working. It was working a couple weeks ago when we played last, but on sunday it had stopped working for some reason, and i still can not get it to automate the turn undead feature. Anyone have any ideas on this? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffencourt View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the turn undead button on the PCs action tab to work when targeting undead creatures. I have a 3rd level cleric that was trying to turn some simple skeletons and the button is not working. It was working a couple weeks ago when we played last, but on sunday it had stopped working for some reason, and i still can not get it to automate the turn undead feature. Anyone have any ideas on this? thanks!
    They recently changed how buttons work in the FG API and it caused Turn undead, init and delay buttons to break (they changed double clicking). The update Tuesday should correct it (it's now single click due to changes).

In the meantime you can use the turn undead rollable tables (in DMG and the PHB table records) to determine what happens.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian. Not sure if this is by design or not, so I'll ask about it. When rolling a saving throw using the entries on the Stats tab in Combat Tracker, no modifiers are applied. When rolling the same saving throw from the Main tab on a character sheet, modifiers ARE applied. I would find it convenient to be able to roll a save from the CT and not have to open the character sheet to have the modifiers applied. So is this behavior intentional, or just a detail that got missed? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Hi Celestian. Not sure if this is by design or not, so I'll ask about it. When rolling a saving throw using the entries on the Stats tab in Combat Tracker, no modifiers are applied. When rolling the same saving throw from the Main tab on a character sheet, modifiers ARE applied. I would find it convenient to be able to roll a save from the CT and not have to open the character sheet to have the modifiers applied. So is this behavior intentional, or just a detail that got missed? Thanks!
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. That definitely sounds like a bug to me
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. That definitely sounds like a bug to me
    I found the problem and have corrected but the update will be delayed until the big Core update is out. I suspect around end of November.

Thanks!
    ---

Hi, why is it that if a character or creature rolls a save versus a characteristic, say wisdom, the chat box reports a fail or success. But when you roll versus a saving throw, say spell, it just displays the roll you made?
    Obviously it's easy enough to say that the character or creature failed or succeeded but, to me at least, why don't both report succeed or fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    Hi, why is it that if a character or creature rolls a save versus a characteristic, say wisdom, the chat box reports a fail or success. But when you roll versus a saving throw, say spell, it just displays the roll you made?
    Obviously it's easy enough to say that the character or creature failed or succeeded but, to me at least, why don't both report succeed or fail?
    Not sure what you mean. It already shows if you succeed or fail.

Text color is changed as well.

---

Thread Information