FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 39 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?
    Definitely a house rule.

Have Nvidia gforce 960 video card and pretty recent drivers on a Win 7 desktop. I get no other artefacts like that in any other software, including FG with 3.5E and 5E rules. Only shows up on the 2E rules.

That suggests 2E, not video driver.

Blog Entries
    Can you point to the AD&D 1e extension somewhere to make it easy to find?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Certain graphics in a theme can sometimes cause issues with some graphics cards/drivers. This seems to be related to (but perhaps not limited to) very linear graphics with additional details in a regular pattern (I'm not explaining that well - but similar to the type of border pattern you see all around the Character Selection window).

Maybe try tweaking the settings on your graphics card - anti alias, anisotropic filtering, etc..

You may also try turning on "Cross-Platform compatibility mode for Linux or Mac" - this will force a more often redraw of the FG screen (at a slight increase in CPU use) and might remove the artefacts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I would like to see the following added if possible:

1. A DM visible only line in the CT which references what was used to roll initiative. Exactly the same as what's added when a spell is being cast. Say "Initiative: club 4+6 10". Rationale - makes it easier for the DM to ensure the player is performing the action they used to generate their initiative score in. Scrolling up in the chat window to find this information is fine occasionally, but to do it frequently would be a challenge. Could be exactly the same verbiage that is sent to the chat box when initiative is rolled.

2. Different options for generating the initiative score. Add say 1d6 and/or 1d20 to the options of the base die to use.

3. A way to denote on NPCs using weapons, which weapon is their "default" and thus used when automatically generating initiative scores via the CT setting at the start of every round.

4. A variant weapons list which includes the weapon type vs armor type IFT adjustments already on them.

5. A "Gear" button in the equipment/items list like Armor and Weapons.

6. Morningstar added in to regular weapons list.
    Last edited by JohnD; April 18th, 2019 at 17:25.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Can you point to the AD&D 1e extension somewhere to make it easy to find?
    Hoping this is what you were looking for.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I would like to see the following added if possible:

1. A DM visible only line in the CT which references what was used to roll initiative. Exactly the same as what's added when a spell is being cast. Say "Initiative: club 4+6 10". Rationale - makes it easier for the DM to ensure the player is performing the action they used to generate their initiative score in. Scrolling up in the chat window to find this information is fine occasionally, but to do it frequently would be a challenge. Could be exactly the same verbiage that is sent to the chat box when initiative is rolled.

2. Different options for generating the initiative score. Add say 1d6 and/or 1d20 to the options of the base die to use.

3. A way to denote on NPCs using weapons, which weapon is their "default" and thus used when automatically generating initiative scores via the CT setting at the start of every round.

4. A variant weapons list which includes the weapon type vs armor type IFT adjustments already on them.

5. A "Gear" button in the equipment/items list like Armor and Weapons.

6. Morningstar added in to regular weapons list.

1) Created task for this request. It will be a while before I can address it but in general I dont think it will be difficult. Only finding a good place to put it will be.

2) Moon has taunt me to be wary of adding in "to many options" for the campaign settings BUT this can be done quiet easily using an extension. Infact, the 1e extension does this (makes initiative use d6).

3) Created task for this request. This is something I've tried to do in various ways and it's complicated by the fact there are a number of weapons slots or powers. I'd need to add a "flag" and search through those during initiative. I think the easy get will be to set a default "score" to use when rolling.

4) Spoken about this one somewhere here, right now it's not something I can do w/o some related issues. Might be easier to deal with after FGU.

5) This one I've got a task for and started on last night. I need to fiddle with some type/subtypes for the dmg/phb to get it right and plan to finish it tonight. I've also another related task I'm working on to sort the weapons in a different manner (as AD&D doesn't use the same terminology as 5E did).

6) This is done (as well as the Bastard sword initiative issue) and will be pushed out on Tuesday I expect.
    Last edited by celestian; April 18th, 2019 at 21:48.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Will the items in the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Item Pack work in the 2E setting? Or the other Baulders Gate II and Icewind dale portrait packs?

How hard would it be to have the DM section on items that you put in the 2E system put into the 5E system? That is an awesome thing for cursed items and many other reasons, but mostly for cursed items.
    Last edited by Beerbelly; April 19th, 2019 at 02:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    Will the items in the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Item Pack work in the 2E setting? Or the other Baulders Gate II and Icewind dale portrait packs?

How hard would it be to have the DM section on items that you put in the 2E system put into the 5E system? That is an awesome thing for cursed items and many other reasons, but mostly for cursed items.
    The BG items would require approval from WoTC. I'd happily use any extra Art we could get. That said, far as I know there is no agreement for BG art.

Someone could easily knock out a extension to add that DM section to items for 5E
    ---

Blog Entries
    Added a Dwarf PC tonight. When put on the CT, automatically gets the IFT: TYPE(orc,goblin); ATK:1 effect. Problem is Orcs and Goblins are Type "Humanoid" so the bonus is not applied.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information