FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
  1. #141
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'll take a look when I get back home. If I can reproduce the issue the update for a fix will be next Tuesday.
    Found and fixed for next Tuesday. This should be the last of the issues around these recent updates.

    I'll see if I can get the next rev up on the test channel soon.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  2. #142
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Culdraug View Post
    Now, I may be doing something wrong but when I drop the race, and the race has stat mods, they should automatically be applied correct?
    I've pushed the fix to the Test channel in FGC. If you check there that everything is working for you (it did in my local tests) I'll make sure the updates goes to production on next Tuesday.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  3. #143
    Hi there,

    I was wondering if is it correct for a wether melee/long range weapon (such as dagger) to have the same thac0 modifiers. For instance, this dagger can be used with strenght modifier in a melee fight but with a dex modifier if used as long range. Am i right? In my campaign if a PC has a dagger it comes with a strenght modifier for both long range/melee. Is there any way to make it automatically calculated or should I modify manually?

    Another thing I noticed. It seems that the surprise roll is not modified by dexterity (reaction adj.).

    Thanks

  4. #144
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide87 View Post
    Hi there,

    I was wondering if is it correct for a wether melee/long range weapon (such as dagger) to have the same thac0 modifiers. For instance, this dagger can be used with strenght modifier in a melee fight but with a dex modifier if used as long range. Am i right? In my campaign if a PC has a dagger it comes with a strenght modifier for both long range/melee. Is there any way to make it automatically calculated or should I modify manually?

    Another thing I noticed. It seems that the surprise roll is not modified by dexterity (reaction adj.).

    Thanks
    There is currently no automated method to apply dex AND strength bonus to "to hit". You can use one or the other and then manually apply the other.

    Regarding dex and surprise, you are correct, it currently does not automate adjustments from dexterity.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    There is currently no automated method to apply dex AND strength bonus to "to hit". You can use one or the other and then manually apply the other.

    Regarding dex and surprise, you are correct, it currently does not automate adjustments from dexterity.
    Hi, actually it has always been a controversial topic among us. In the Italian version of the core manuals there is no a very clear explanation, but we always interpret the rule as follows:
    Melee weapons have their own modifier, given by strength, while throwing weapons depend on dexterity.
    On the other hand we don't see why a bodybuilder should have a developed aim, while we recognize that even a slender person might have the ability to hit a fly between the eyes.

    Could you tell us if there is a clear rule in this regard and, possibly, on which manual can we find it?

    Thanks for all!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Davide87; April 25th, 2020 at 14:59.

  6. #146
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide87 View Post
    Hi, actually it has always been a controversial topic among us. In the Italian version of the core manuals there is no a very clear explanation, but we always interpret the rule as follows:
    Melee weapons have their own modifier, given by strength, while throwing weapons depend on dexterity.
    On the other hand we don't see why a bodybuilder should have a developed aim, while we recognize that even a slender person might have the ability to hit a fly between the eyes.

    Could you tell us if there is a clear rule in this regard and, possibly, on which manual can we find it?

    Thanks for all!
    Cheers!
    I know there is a rule that says dex and str work for thrown weapons but I can't find it. It might not be in the Core books and be in something like Combat and Tactics. I seem to recall the rule description being in a place I wouldn't normally look for it so that might be why I can't find it.

    I'll poke around later when I have more time.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    51
    Page 99 in the phb.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    Page 99 in the phb.
    Yes, you're right! Thanks!

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    51
    Your welcome.

  10. #150
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    Page 99 in the phb.
    Can you narrow down where?

    My PHB shows Money/Equipment on page 99.

    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in