DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 39 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Any possibility of getting the variant encumberance rules added?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Any possibility of getting the variant encumberance rules added?
    There are a couple methods. I went with the one I could programmatically manage. Basic Encumbrance (Tournament rule) is what I went with. The Optional is based on move base and strength and then correlated to tables. It also only works for 12 and 6 base move scores. The other works with any movement score so works better for classes/races with non-standard move base (Monks and Barbarians come to mind).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Non-Weapon Proficiency Tracker Bug?

Playing around with the new 2E character creation, I created a human rogue (thief) with an INT of 16 (+5 languages). Stats added first, then race, then class. I noticed that over in the "Skills" tab, that the initial number of non-weapon proficiency slots was 3 - shouldn't this have been modified by the INT language bonus to 8 (per PHB Chapter 5 example of "Rath" under "Acquiring Proficiencies")?

"...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Blog Entries
    Wasn't this one of those optional rules, using extra language slots as extra proficiency slots for NWPs?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Playing around with the new 2E character creation, I created a human rogue (thief) with an INT of 16 (+5 languages). Stats added first, then race, then class. I noticed that over in the "Skills" tab, that the initial number of non-weapon proficiency slots was 3 - shouldn't this have been modified by the INT language bonus to 8 (per PHB Chapter 5 example of "Rath" under "Acquiring Proficiencies")?

Those are not automatically adjusted because the rule is optional as mentioned by JohnD. There are some rules that let fighters convert them to weapon profs as well. Thats why I made the field (profs earned) editable by the Host/DM so they could add them if they allowed it. The only piece automated for "profs" right now is the ones earned by leveling/initial from class.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ah.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Those are not automatically adjusted because the rule is optional as mentioned by JohnD. There are some rules that let fighters convert them to weapon profs as well. Thats why I made the field (profs earned) editable by the Host/DM so they could add them if they allowed it. The only piece automated for "profs" right now is the ones earned by leveling/initial from class.
    Fair enough. I realize they are optional rules, but I figured if you automatically give the base number, why not automatically give the adjusted numbers? (I would think that would be a bit easier on the host/GM instead of making them manually add them to all the players every time they syaty a new campaign.) Now I'll have to go back and see about the optional fighters can convert to weapons profs, as I never heard of that one.

Thanks!
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Now I'll have to go back and see about the optional fighters can convert to weapons profs, as I never heard of that one.
    It's either in the Fighter's Handbook or the Combat & Tactics ... I can't remember which ... I only let pure fighters do it in my games.
    ---

Update notes for the FG 3.3.8 update.

2E Ruleset

[Update] ported 3.3.8 CoreRPG ruleset changes that are necessary for overrides to 2E ruleset.
    [Update] ported 3.3.8 5E ruleset changes that are necessary to 2E ruleset.
    [Fixed] issue with multiple weapon attack names displaying properly.
    [Fixed] issue with ranged weapons ammo entries appearing properly in Host CT.
    [Added] effect string DMGX for damage multiplier. (DMGX: 2 would mean times 2 damage for each dice)
    [Added] Drag/drop story/text INTO quicknotes.
    ---

In the Invoker description, it keeps saying Illusion instead of invoker in the PHB classes options.

Finally i've purchase the 3 core manuals plus Temple of Elemental Evil, and slowly i will buy all Forgotten Realms supplement (very slowly... the complete collection is quiet expensive). Now i can come back to AD&D and play with my old group after 15 years. Thanks for this ruleset!!!
    A question: when i open an item, i can't have it on display when i click on another... Is it possible to have multiple windows of objects on the screen to make comparisons instead of a single window that displays only the last object clicked?
    Thanks!

Thread Information