Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  1. #1

    AD&D 2E Ruleset Feedback/Information Thread

    If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E ruleset please post them here.

    I'm working on a project site here. My goal will be to try and translate requests here (Bugs/feedback) to there as I can so folks will be able to see what is being worked on and what is in the queue. I'll do my best to update them in a reasonable timeframe.

    So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  2. #2
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,616
    I stickied this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  3. #3
    Xemit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    119
    Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

    No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

    A right click on the background causes the outline to then disappear.

    BTW, is there expected to be an SRD for this rule set?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

    No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

    A right click on the background causes the outline to then disappear.

    BTW, is there expected to be an SRD for this rule set?
    I can't recreate this problem on my three systems I use FG on (2 with nvidia cards, 1 with intel iris), maybe a driver issue?

    As for the SRD, I'm not sure if there will be one as SRDs started with 3e.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

    No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

    A right click on the background causes the outline to then disappear.

    BTW, is there expected to be an SRD for this rule set?
    I had the same experience as Eru, tested and was unable to reproduce your issue. What type of setup/system are you running? It does sound like a graphics driver/issue at first blush.

    AD&D 2E was before there was an OGL so there is no SRD. WoTC might change this but I don't expect that.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  6. #6
    Here is a video I put together in January that runs through how to use the character sheet (mostly for players).

    There have been some updates since that video was made but it should all still have the same functionality.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

  7. #7
    Stormhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    65
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

    It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

    (But I'll happily be GM...)

  8. #8
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,386
    Blog Entries
    1
    Can 2e be put in the Game Calendar as a ruleset choice?
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Mon/Fri - on hiatus)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

    Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

    There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

  9. #9
    Beerbelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Time Zone, GMT -6
    Posts
    73
    Ok, it's been 20+ years, and I'm now looking through the old 2e PHB PDF on the internet and I'm finding that how I'm remembering how we played is different to the rules. However, I had almost every book TSR put out, so a lot of optional rules were in play, along with house rules.

    The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

    Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

    It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.
    The 2E ruleset is currently the "Core Rules" meaning the PHB/DMG and MM. 2.5 was used regarding the PO or Player's Option books. Something like the High Level Campaigns and Tome of Magic would be something I think that would be great from that period. Currently there are many "Complete" handbooks planned for release and several other adventures... and some other pretty cool items.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

    Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?
    That sounds like a house rule? I don't recall having initiative for each attack like that tho... there are some items from the PO era I am not entirely familiar with. That said, currently having more than 1 initiative for a player isn't possible. The initiative system currently will use the speedfactor for the weapon the player chooses and modify the roll accordingly.
    ---
    DM/Play: AD&D (any flavor)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in