DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... Last

AD&D 2E Ruleset Feedback/Information Thread

If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E ruleset please post them here.

Join us in the FantasyGrounds AD&D discord channel here.
    Last edited by celestian; May 20th, 2021 at 20:25.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I stickied this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

A right click on the background causes the outline to then disappear.

BTW, is there expected to be an SRD for this rule set?

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

I can't recreate this problem on my three systems I use FG on (2 with nvidia cards, 1 with intel iris), maybe a driver issue?

As for the SRD, I'm not sure if there will be one as SRDs started with 3e.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post

I had the same experience as Eru, tested and was unable to reproduce your issue. What type of setup/system are you running? It does sound like a graphics driver/issue at first blush.

AD&D 2E was before there was an OGL so there is no SRD. WoTC might change this but I don't expect that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Here is a video I put together in January that runs through how to use the character sheet (mostly for players).

There have been some updates since that video was made but it should all still have the same functionality.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Blog Entries
    Can 2e be put in the Game Calendar as a ruleset choice?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Ok, it's been 20+ years, and I'm now looking through the old 2e PHB PDF on the internet and I'm finding that how I'm remembering how we played is different to the rules. However, I had almost every book TSR put out, so a lot of optional rules were in play, along with house rules.

The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.
    The 2E ruleset is currently the "Core Rules" meaning the PHB/DMG and MM. 2.5 was used regarding the PO or Player's Option books. Something like the High Level Campaigns and Tome of Magic would be something I think that would be great from that period. Currently there are many "Complete" handbooks planned for release and several other adventures... and some other pretty cool items.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?
    That sounds like a house rule? I don't recall having initiative for each attack like that tho... there are some items from the PO era I am not entirely familiar with. That said, currently having more than 1 initiative for a player isn't possible. The initiative system currently will use the speedfactor for the weapon the player chooses and modify the roll accordingly.
    ---

Thread Information