DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 39 First ... 253334353637 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've mentioned this elsewhere but at the moment I can't find the link but...

There is no automation built into the system for this. There are fields in the skills to apply adjustments.

You "could" add effects to the armor appling skill modifiers as well.
    Here are all of the armor effects for anybody who wants to copy/paste...

THIEF SKILLS (ELVEN CHAIN); SKILL: -20 pick pockets; SKILL: -5 open locks; SKILL: -5 find/remove traps; SKILL: -10 move silently; SKILL: -10 hide in shadows; SKILL: -5 detect noise; SKILL: -20 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (PADDED/STUDDED LEATHER); SKILL: -30 pick pockets; SKILL: -10 open locks; SKILL: -10 find/remove traps; SKILL: -20 move silently; SKILL: -20 hide in shadows; SKILL: -10 detect noise; SKILL: -30 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (CHAIN MAIL - BARDS); SKILL: -25 pick pockets; SKILL: -10 open locks; SKILL: -10 find/remove traps; SKILL: -15 move silently; SKILL: -15 hide in shadows; SKILL: -10 detect noise; SKILL: -25 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (NO ARMOR); SKILL: 5 pick pockets; SKILL: 10 move silently; SKILL: 5 hide in shadows; SKILL: 10 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (SCALE/BANDED); SKILL: -50 pick pockets; SKILL: -20 open locks; SKILL: -20 find/remove traps; SKILL: -60 move silently; SKILL: -50 hide in shadows; SKILL: -30 detect noise; SKILL: -90 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (HIDE ARMOR); SKILL: -60 pick pockets; SKILL: -50 open locks; SKILL: -50 find/remove traps; SKILL: -30 move silently; SKILL: -20 hide in shadows; SKILL: -10 detect noise; SKILL: -60 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (RING/CHAIN); SKILL: -40 pick pockets; SKILL: -15 open locks; SKILL: -15 find/remove traps; SKILL: -40 move silently; SKILL: -30 hide in shadows; SKILL: -20 detect noise; SKILL: -40 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (BRIGANDINE/SPLINT); SKILL: -40 pick pockets; -15 open locks; SKILL: -25 find/remove traps; SKILL: -40 move silently; SKILL: -30 hide in shadows; SKILL: -25 detect noise; SKILL: -50 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (PLATE MAIL); SKILL: -75 pick pockets; SKILL: -40 open locks; SKILL: -40 find/remove traps; SKILL: -80 move silently; SKILL: -75 hide in shadows; SKILL: -50 detect noise; SKILL: -95 climb walls

THIEF SKILLS (PLATE ARMOR); SKILL: -95 pick pockets; SKILL: -80 open locks; SKILL: -80 find/remove traps; SKILL: -95 move silently; SKILL: -95 hide in shadows; SKILL: -70 detect noise; SKILL: -95 climb walls

It appears that an INIT effect (e.g. INIT: -2) is ignored by the ruleset when initiative is rolled automatically at the start of a new round. However, it does work when the initiative is manually rolled from the character/NPC sheet.

Yes, if characters have mods they need to roll off their sheet. The DM can use the auto roll for everyone without mods.

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    Yes, if characters have mods they need to roll off their sheet. The DM can use the auto roll for everyone without mods.
    Is there a reason for this? Would be nice if there was at least an option to include the modifiers for effects and Dex reaction.

I'm not a coder, but I would guess it has something to do with the difference in difficulty between mapping a simple command to roll a die and assigning that result, to instead rolling a die, knowing what each actor was going to do that might have a dex or other adjustment to the raw initiative die result (and might not), and then assign the modified number to that individual and the non-modified result to anyone not having an adjustment.
    Last edited by EOTB; October 2nd, 2022 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Is there a reason for this? Would be nice if there was at least an option to include the modifiers for effects and Dex reaction.
    Dex reaction is for surprise, not initiative. At least within the rules anyway. I know a lot of people do house rule it to also be used in initiative.

As far as the "auto" rolled initiative it's meant to be a "simple" role for tables that want to keep things basic. If the players/DM want more precise they would roll their weapon/spell/etc which applies all modifiers.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I dunno if it's been reported already, but giving an NPC an int-based skill ignores their actual intelligence score. Looking at db.xml, it looks like the <intelligence> element of a newly created NPC doesn't have a <score> entry, which I think is what skills use. Monsters copied from modules seem to have this value, but it doesn't get updated if you change their int, so the skill remains based on a value of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by nyanya View Post
    I dunno if it's been reported already, but giving an NPC an int-based skill ignores their actual intelligence score. Looking at db.xml, it looks like the <intelligence> element of a newly created NPC doesn't have a <score> entry, which I think is what skills use. Monsters copied from modules seem to have this value, but it doesn't get updated if you change their int, so the skill remains based on a value of 10.
    Just ran a test to see, there is definitely something off. The CT copy has the correct int, ill have to do some digging to see what the source of the problem is.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Just ran a test to see, there is definitely something off. The CT copy has the correct int, ill have to do some digging to see what the source of the problem is.
    I've some family events going right now so will not be able to look into this until sometime early next month.
    ---

We had some 'Critical Hit' dice rolls log incorrectly tonight. Both NPCs and PCs were getting an extra crit dice. Evidence attached.

Crits.png

Thread Information