FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 39 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    A question: when i open an item, i can't have it on display when i click on another... Is it possible to have multiple windows of objects on the screen to make comparisons instead of a single window that displays only the last object clicked?
    Thanks!
    The default mode is to show only one object of a type at a time. If you hold control while opening you can have as many windows as you like.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The default mode is to show only one object of a type at a time. If you hold control while opening you can have as many windows as you like.
    Thanks!!!
    I'm still watching your video tutorial to learn how to use correctly the ruleset. I will start temple of elementa evil soon, and i like to master quiet well the tools before invite my players :-)

Ran into a minor annoyance in regards to initiative and the new combat tracker.

So the way we run games I do weapon speed and casting time initiative. So I have to go to each icon and roll initiative on them.

Since this change if you open the stats window on the map they have no weapons or spells, until you slect them in the combat tracker.

It might be OK to just go through the combat tracker and do it, but then you run into a problem. That problem is when you do initiative for things on there they go out of order and I lose track of what I rolled for, which is why I double click on the icons on the map and do it.

Is there a solution to this already built in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Ran into a minor annoyance in regards to initiative and the new combat tracker.

So the way we run games I do weapon speed and casting time initiative. So I have to go to each icon and roll initiative on them.

Since this change if you open the stats window on the map they have no weapons or spells, until you slect them in the combat tracker.

It might be OK to just go through the combat tracker and do it, but then you run into a problem. That problem is when you do initiative for things on there they go out of order and I lose track of what I rolled for, which is why I double click on the icons on the map and do it.

Is there a solution to this already built in?
    Until you select the npc in the CT it's full loadout will not be available. Selecting the NPC should bring up the action options similar to the NPC sheet where you can roll. I am not sure what you mean they "go out of order". If you want to roll initiative for a NPC using it's weapon/spell you'll have to select it from the CT at least once. After that you can roll whereever you like, using the short cut in the CT or the token double click on the map.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Until you select the npc in the CT it's full loadout will not be available. Selecting the NPC should bring up the action options similar to the NPC sheet where you can roll. I am not sure what you mean they "go out of order". If you want to roll initiative for a NPC using it's weapon/spell you'll have to select it from the CT at least once. After that you can roll whereever you like, using the short cut in the CT or the token double click on the map.
    Scratch that. Well, after the update next week. To be honest I didn't even think about loading an npc from the map like that but I wrote a check just now and tested that will load it the same way selecting in the CT does. You should be able to do what you want next week.
    ---

Scratch that. Well, after the update next week. To be honest I didn't even think about loading an npc from the map like that but I wrote a check just now and tested that will load it the same way selecting in the CT does. You should be able to do what you want next week.

Awesome, thanks for the fix. This will help me a lot.

What I meant by "out of order" is when you roll initiative on the combat tracker they change position. So I can't just go down clicking one at a time doing initiative because i'll occasionally catch one that rolled higher than where I am on the tracker. Probably explaining this stupidly. The map is easier because the tokens are static.

Blog Entries
    Ideally, a DM could designate a "primary" weapon for an NPC with the according speed factor used automatically when initiative is generated. This could be something the DM can change in the CT (maybe a tick circle or something) or on the NPC record. It would cut out a lot of extra stumbling around for DMs who want to be granular in how initiative is generated.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Celestian, is it possible to have a kit sample to understand how to put the information inside your ruleset?
    I have the glorious AD&D Core Rules Expansion 2.0 Expansion and i like to put some kits so my player will have more option to better define their characters, but i don't know how to insert data in the correct way.
    I like to insert the elf war wizard, but i really don't know how to do proceed. if it were possible to have a kit compiled as a guide would be great!

Although elves do not desire war, preferring instead to live their lives in peace and idyllic happiness, they recognize that the world is full of races hostile to elves, all of whom would love to see them driven into the dirt. A War Wizard is one who has devoted her life to defending against such attacks.

· Role. The War Wizard is usually the person in charge of defense for any given elf town. When there is a problem with an enemy, the War Wizard is the one to call.

Even if not associated with a town, the War Wizard is an invaluable asset to any group that expects to face trouble. Simple strategic knowledge is her bread and butter, but her expertise does not end there. She can work offensive marvels physically, and her spellcasting skills are excellent.

· Secondary Skills. Scribe, Tactician.

· Weapon Proficiencies. Bonus: Long bow, long sword. Recommended: Short bow, short sword, weapon style specialization (from The Complete Fighter's Handbook).

· Bonus Nonweapon Proficiencies. Spellcraft, plus Engineering or Survival.

· Recommended Nonweapon Proficiencies. Blind-Fighting, Heraldry, Land-Based Riding, Languages (Ancient or Modern), Set Snares, Weather Sense.

· Equipment. A War Wizard can carry whatever equipment she likes.

· Distinctive Appearance. War Wizards have no distinctive appearance. They may dress as they please on their own time. However, they often have a military aura. When in a military capacity, they must wear a uniform.

· Special Benefits. The War Wizard, because of her knowledge of strategy, can enable her side to add +1 to their attack rolls for the duration of a battle. This bonus applies only if all the following conditions are met: 1) The War Wizard has had a chance to survey the area and map it. 2) The War Wizard holds a strategy meeting with all who gain the +1 bonus. 3) All members of the War Wizard's side who are to gain the bonus successfully make an Intelligence check that has been modified by the difficulty of the instructions and changes in the terrain. Those who fail do not gain the bonus, and they run the risk of destroying another team member's bonus during battle. If these conditions are met, the War Wizard's side gains the bonus. If any part is left out or ignored, the bonus is negated.

The War Wizard is allowed a weapon of choice. She gains a +1 to attack rolls with this weapon, cumulative with all other applicable bonuses.
    She also gains a "spell of choice," once every four levels. This spell is usually a large-scale, offensive spell or it may be a handy defensive spell. Only rarely are they personal in scope and, even then, it must have some applicability to a larger party. The spell can be of any level the War Wizard can cast at the time she chooses the spell. Thus, at the 4th level, a War Wizard can choose spells of the 1st or 2nd level. At the 8th level, she can choose spells of up to the 4th level.

The chosen spell is not a bonus spell for the War Wizard. It must still be memorized as would a normal spell. However, the spell can be either cast more quickly, firing at a +1 to initiative, or force the opponent to take a -1 on his save. For every four levels the War Wizard has practiced this spell, she gains a +1 bonus to either side. For example, if a 12th-level War Wizard had chosen sleep as her spell at the 4th level, she would now gain either +2 to initiative when casting it or would cause her opponents to save at -2.

· Special Hindrances. The War Wizard is limited in her choice of weapons. Although a warrior/mage ordinarily receives the full gamut of weapons, a War Wizard may only take certain weapons. Any of the normal wizard's weapons, any blade, any bow, or a lance may be chosen. The selection cannot extend beyond these, however.

War Wizards have a Code of Conduct that they must abide by at all times. Even when they are apart from their units, the code may never be broken. If it is and they are discovered, they will be drummed from the unit. It is up to the DM and the player to determine what the Code is for each unit, but it should fierce, demanding, and restrictive.
    Finally, there are demands the unit will place on the War Wizard. She must comply with these demands or lose her benefits. The unit will typically take up about one month per year of the War Wizard's time.

· Wealth Options. The War Wizard has 30 to 180 (3d6x10) gp initially, which can be spent however she likes.

· Suggested Elf Subraces. Drow, grey elf, high elf.

Copyright 1999 TSR Inc.

So, conveniently I just finished up putting together the Complete Book of Elves so I know where this comes from and can tell you what I did. The first thing you have to realize is not everything can be automated. So, make sure the player and DM can find the information they will need and automate things where you can.

Here is a screenshot of how I organized the kit.

https://i.imgur.com/jfo05RI.jpg

Powers Tab:

Skills Tab:

Hopefully that helps explain how I go about it.

I've got the Complete book of Elves and Bards both finished but I still want to do a couple self QA passes to make sure it's clean. They should be out in the next month or so (give or take depending on WoTC's QA/approvals).
    Last edited by celestian; September 28th, 2019 at 21:40.
    ---

Wonderful!!! It's absolutely perfect.
    With your work, you're seriously affecting the health of my poor wallet.
    Many thanks.

By the way... did you plan to release also the Forgotten Realms grey boxed set?
    Last edited by graziano.girelli; September 28th, 2019 at 23:33.

Thread Information