STAR TREK 2d20
Page 32 of 39 First ... 223031323334 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    When you say DIVINE: N you do mean you are replacing N with a number?

Testing locally I am able to create effects for DIVINE: 1 and ARCANE: 1 and apply them to pc/npcs w/o issue.

Also, you aren't putting those in brackets are you? Brackets are used for dynamically rolling dice. Do if you did something like ARCANE: [1d6] it would roll 1d6 when the effect was applied.
    Yes, N = Number.

No, I do not use the brackets when creating the effect. These are typed in exactly as you wrote out: ARCANE: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    Yes, N = Number.

No, I do not use the brackets when creating the effect. These are typed in exactly as you wrote out: ARCANE: 1
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error but if you can and give me the step by step process that will help me find the cause. This might seem obvious but if you haven't already turn off any extensions if you have them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error but if you can and give me the step by step process that will help me find the cause. This might seem obvious but if you haven't already turn off any extensions if you have them.
    After troubleshooting through my existing campaigns and extensions, I have determined that your Unofficial 1e Extensions seems to be the cause of the error. If I activate that extension, I get the error every time. Moreover, if the extension has been active at any point for a campaign, even once I disable the extension, I continue to get the error. I deactivated this particular extension on the campaigns I was having the error with more than a year ago, but whatever issue it is causing has persisted.

For my part, it isn't a necessary extension, but since you are also the author on that (unless I am mistaken), I figured you would be interested in looking at how it played with your ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    After troubleshooting through my existing campaigns and extensions, I have determined that your Unofficial 1e Extensions seems to be the cause of the error. If I activate that extension, I get the error every time. Moreover, if the extension has been active at any point for a campaign, even once I disable the extension, I continue to get the error. I deactivated this particular extension on the campaigns I was having the error with more than a year ago, but whatever issue it is causing has persisted.

For my part, it isn't a necessary extension, but since you are also the author on that (unless I am mistaken), I figured you would be interested in looking at how it played with your ruleset.
    Just tested on a clean campaign with 1e extension enabled. Created 2 effects on a power (ARCANE:1, DIVINE:1) and then applied both to the character and I did not get an error.

You are running most current FGU and 2E ruleset? (no new updates listed?)
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Just tested on a clean campaign with 1e extension enabled. Created 2 effects on a power (ARCANE:1, DIVINE:1) and then applied both to the character and I did not get an error.

You are running most current FGU and 2E ruleset? (no new updates listed?)
    My previous testing was with a clean campaign with the 1e extension enabled, resulting in the error. Revisiting the same scenario has failed to reproduce the error again. I do appreciate your time, but this is obviously user/scenario specific error, and I don't want to soak up anymore of it (I am sure it is much better spent). I forced updates and enabled every extension I have installed on a clean campaign and was unable to reproduce the error again, except for in existing campaigns. I assume there is some kind of corruption in the campaigns themselves, but that is the best I can tell at this point. If I do determine anything more concrete, I will provide further details in the future.

Thank you again for your time, I really do appreciate it.

AD&D 2E Ruleset Feedback/Information Thread

I have an odd thing happening. Whenever a crit happens instead of doing more damage the damage roll subtracts from the total. This is happening for both monsters and PCs. Screenshot 2022-05-05 192207.jpg Screenshot 2022-05-05 192528.jpg If there is anyone that can help me it would be great.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 6th, 2022 at 16:00. Reason: Moved to feedback thread per request

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrsm8 View Post
    I have an odd thing happening. Whenever a crit happens instead of doing more damage the damage roll subtracts from the total. This is happening for both monsters and PCs. Screenshot 2022-05-05 192207.jpg Screenshot 2022-05-05 192528.jpg If there is anyone that can help me it would be great.
    This was something I found while making fixes for the update coming on Tuesday. After the update it should be working for you. This was broken when FGU came out (dice data values are more strict than they used to be) but didnt get reported until a few weeks ago.
    ---

Thank you for letting us know and keep up the good work.

Celestian, do you know of any creator at Fantasy Grounds, or the fan community who would be interested in making some D&D Classic (as FG characterizes it) character creation videos? I have reached out to Founder Laerun at the Fantasy Grounds Academy, but I wanted to also reach out to you & see what content creators are running or knowledgeable about the D&D Classic ruleset. It seems to me that there is an incredible opportunity to not only explore the roots of D&D by showcasing the older ruleset, but also teaching new players who might want to one day run that particular ruleset. Also, it seems like FG is putting a TON of emphasis on producing & having creators code these classic products (like yourself), so I would assume that FG would want to build that fan base (and sales) by making the ruleset more understandable. Thanks for considering this & any information you can pass on will not be in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpreacher View Post
    Celestian, do you know of any creator at Fantasy Grounds, or the fan community who would be interested in making some D&D Classic (as FG characterizes it) character creation videos?
    In tips thread (asked them to move the feedback you'd given to a more appropriate thread) there is a video I made walking through creating characters. The document site should also have a text walk through of how best to make one and more details on the various options in the character sheets.
    Last edited by celestian; June 10th, 2022 at 16:04.
    ---

Thread Information