STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    ... could you produce material that references the OSRIC srd?
    Yes, because that material is covered by the OGL. See the details I provide in post #52 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I notice the OSRIC modules still work with the 2e ruleset, could you produce material that references the OSRIC srd?
    I would be happy to work with someone that is developing that content to make sure they are aware of all the features and how to make them function. Any of the previous items I've done myself are up for re-use for whomever.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ahh.. it is all clear now. Its all Ad&d as you said.

from 2e player handbook

Before we even start, I want to make sure everyone understands one very
    important fact:
    This is not AD&D 3rd Edition!
    There, everyone can breathe again.
    Rest assured that this is still the same version of the AD&D game that your
    friends, classmates, and business partners have been playing for years.
    Yes, there are some small and subtle changes in the rules, but you would
    have to read the whole book very carefully, and have a tremendous memory, to
    find them. (The changes are the sorts of minor corrections and clarifications we
    make every time we reprint, and we’ve reprinted both the Player’s Handbook®
    and D M 
    Guide™ more than 10 times since 1989!)
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

This is Awesome !!!! now for more content bringing back the classics
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It will be a whole new line. We have a lot of other official products in the queue for 2E.
    Doug any list, hint of a list or at least number of "other official products" that will be released? I would love to see one or more of the worlds to come out, Greyhawk, Forgotten realms, etc.. Thanks in advance for any info you are able / willing to share.

celestian I very much want to thank you especially for your time and effort to make the rule set on FG and available to all of us. I played D&D / AD&D from the release of the Red box Basic to 2e until 1999 when EQ was released. Coming back to D&D recently in the digital age I found 5e to be ok but for me not as much fun as 2e was. Again thank you for your efforts.

As to Doug, FG, Celestian and the many others, including myslef, thank you for getting WoTC to allow a licence of this wonderful product. This will greatly reduce my conversion process I started!

Hope to see many of you in FG 2e sometime in the near future.
    Last edited by Merell; April 21st, 2019 at 11:32.

Blog Entries
    Finally! This new ruleset and the 1e extension will allow us to play the classics as they were designed (and not conversion to other editions or systems).

I can't wait to get started!
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I would be quite interested in having the Player's Option series of books added, as I'm a weirdo who feels the Character Point system was just awesome.

(a) Any plans currently in the works for this?
    (b) What kind of work does it take to add something this complex?
    (c) Could anything facilitate this? i.e.: additional coders, $$$, etc.?
    (d) Is this content able to be legally added re.: license from WotC?

Quote Originally Posted by NPettinato14 View Post
    I would be quite interested in having the Player's Option series of books added, as I'm a weirdo who feels the Character Point system was just awesome.

(a) Any plans currently in the works for this?
    (b) What kind of work does it take to add something this complex?
    (c) Could anything facilitate this? i.e.: additional coders, $$$, etc.?
    (d) Is this content able to be legally added re.: license from WotC?
    All I can really answer is A and B.

Not right now. The complexity that it would add is very dramatic and it also changes the system from what the majority of AD&D tables would be familiar with. There are options that might work to allow some changes, like a different character sheet and keep all the other functionality the same... but, right now, today... there is a schedule of products to work on that is quiet long. FGU is also looming on the horizon now. I expect I will be very busy. It's something I'll keep in the back of my mind (on how to implement) but I would not wait for it at this time.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Is Fantasy Grounds modular enough to somehow fudge the data so that it can be played using those rules, but without altering the program? i.e.: manually entering the purchased abilities into a character sheet.

BTW Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPettinato14 View Post
    Is Fantasy Grounds modular enough to somehow fudge the data so that it can be played using those rules, but without altering the program? i.e.: manually entering the purchased abilities into a character sheet.

BTW Thanks for the reply.
    For the most part you can make a character on paper and then enter the data into the character sheet in the appropriate locations. You can use the effects system pretty well to customize many of the extras. Where you might find the biggest difficulty is with the newer ability score setup. That would require an extension to modify the character sheet to handle 18 abilities instead of 6.

While it would be interesting to see all of those rules implemented, it might be better done as an extension or separate ruleset so as to keep the versions separate. Either method would require a whole bunch of coding and lots of time.

Note it has been years since I last read the options book so I might be missing some specifics that might need additional character sheet mods. I do remember thinking that the Combat & Tactics book seemed like it would work nicely with computerized assistance, so maybe FG is the way to go for that.

Thread Information