STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Thank you so it is just personnel prefs then. I missed the whole 2e as I was in the Army 86 - 98. I shall give it a run through and thanks for the hard work. I am so excited about my favorite mod U1 coming out on 5e. But a 2e version could be more true to form.
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Blog Entries
    Oh, my. I just made the "mistake" of digging through some old storage boxes, and uncovering mounds of old AD&D material, including lots of 2e. Birthright? Al'Qadim? More Forgotten Realms stuff than I could think of? Battlesystem?

Pardon me, I think I just had a nostalgiagasm.

A 1995 DMG. A 1989 PHB (very worn, and with my signature inside the front cover because I was constantly having to hand books around to people who couldn't afford a copy). A couple of volumes of Monstrous Compendium.

And I haven't even gone through all the boxes...

Anybody know a good support group for gamer nostalgia?
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    Oh, my. I just made the "mistake" of digging through some old storage boxes, and uncovering mounds of old AD&D material, including lots of 2e. Birthright? Al'Qadim? More Forgotten Realms stuff than I could think of? Battlesystem?

Pardon me, I think I just had a nostalgiagasm.

A 1995 DMG. A 1989 PHB (very worn, and with my signature inside the front cover because I was constantly having to hand books around to people who couldn't afford a copy). A couple of volumes of Monstrous Compendium.

And I haven't even gone through all the boxes...

Anybody know a good support group for gamer nostalgia?
    Welp, you're in a good place now ! There is also dragonsfoot.org for AD&D 1 and 2 discussions where we endlessly talk about the merits of Alignment
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gqwebb View Post
    Thank you so it is just personnel prefs then. I missed the whole 2e as I was in the Army 86 - 98. I shall give it a run through and thanks for the hard work. I am so excited about my favorite mod U1 coming out on 5e. But a 2e version could be more true to form.
    U1 will hopefully be available very soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGosumba View Post
    Hey all! I do not think I have ever posted on here, but I wanted to say FANTASTIC job for getting this approved! ...

I wanted to say congratulations once again! I hope this continues to allow more and more DMs and players to find their way back to the game!
    Welcome to the forums

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Awesome job! More excited about this than any other ruleset; so many happy memories and so many pdfs that I can sit down and convert.

Just last week I was going through some boxes in storage doing some re-organizing and came upon my old 1E and 2E books. Played as a PC back then, so only have the PHB and all the class supplements. Still takes up over a foot of shelf space...

Even found the old campaign maps (I was always the cartographer) and character sheets. And also the box of minis we used for our PCs (I made them for all PCs). Those were the days...

We were all just past high school and some were part way through university. My mother even used to play along with us! Dad was convinced we'd all start living in the sewers and become serial killers... B^}

Blog Entries
    My kids have had my 1e books for the last 14+ years (since they were old enough to read). Time to go into their rooms and reclaim what is mine.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I would thank you , celestian, for your hard work. I'm extremely happy now, and my mind wanders the astral plane.. so many worlds to create and discover.. I'd like to say that now I really doubt i'll buy something related to 5ed . Thank you again , you really made my day..and many other to come!
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; April 18th, 2019 at 21:36. Reason: spelling
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Thread Information