5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    You are of course free to join but be aware this is not a 5E game but Symbaroum.

OK, Ill create a new character then!

I guess I need a host address to get in and create a character.....I only have 5e with my friends game

Thanks ****I just down loaded it so I have the rule set***
    Last edited by Paxman; April 25th, 2019 at 18:16.

Feel free to tell me if you need the server up to create a character (alias see GM Announcements in the game calendar).

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Feel free to tell me if you need the server up to create a character (alias see GM Announcements in the game calendar).
    Yep, and I tried to build a character....so different from 5e

Reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    As there was no new input, I would schedule the first session for SAT May 4th, 6 PM GMT. Duration: 3-4 hours.

Characters: Everything in the Core Rulebook should be fine. If you want to use other materials, I'd appreciate it if you discussed it with me first. Note that it is relatively easy to create overpowered characters (e.g. damage or armor stacking) but it might not necessarily be a very fun way to play for you and/or the others. You can of course also use the pregens.

If you need the server up to build your character, feel free to contact me.

Please send me/build your character/notify me of your pregen a few days before the game so I can review the necessary rules.

Technical details and contact: See game calendar page - GM Announcements

Reminder about tomorrow's game.

The server is currently up if you want to build your character (alias under GM Announcements in the game calendar).

First session more or less successfully complete.

The result of the difficult task of trying to navigate the different adventure options without being hit by spoilers left and right (and after not realising for a long time that The Promised Land is the first part of the Copper Crown):

The Mark of the Beast does indeed seem to be the best continuation, so I would tentatively schedule it for (edited), which should take around 2 sessions.

I might post a new LFP due to the fact that I can't change the title to indicate the starting day and time has changed.

Update: One player can't make the 11th. Should we try to schedule something on SUN 12th or simply on SAT May 18th?
    Last edited by stephan_; May 5th, 2019 at 11:31.

Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I'm a long time fan of tabletop roleplay, and I saw your invitation on Discord. Much to my regret I only have limited actual play experience. (Someone once DMed a single session of 3.5 for me in middle school and I've for the past few years attempted to DM games for 5e but struggled to maintain player interest.) Lately, after attempting to finagle a system more suited for somber dark fantasy out of 5e by using variant rules and a small amount of homebrew, I've begun to suspect that 5e simply isn't made for the kind of fantasy I'm interested in. (I could go into detail on why this is, talk about how its magic system is really only suited for one specific kind of high fantasy, but I'm already rambling here so I'll cut to the chase.) I think Symbaroum is much more closely suited to my interest, and while I have two of the .pdfs (core rulebook, advanced player's guide) I lack the confidence to attempt to GM it myself, as I already struggle to be an adequate GM in my on-and-off 5e game. I think that what I really want to be is a player, and even if I do attempt to GM a game of this down the road, I think having experienced play at least once would be extremely valuable for me. So if you still have a spot open in your game, I would love to join! However, I understand if you don't, and I will keep looking elsewhere. Right now my schedule is fairly open, although my time zone is EST, if that becomes an issue.

Thread Information