STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Woops!
    Last edited by Afterwalker; May 22nd, 2019 at 09:13. Reason: I accidentally posted the same thing twice, but I can't figure out how to delete this repost.

Quote Originally Posted by Afterwalker View Post
    Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I'm a long time fan of tabletop roleplay, and I saw your invitation on Discord. Much to my regret I only have limited actual play experience. (Someone once DMed a single session of 3.5 for me in middle school and I've for the past few years attempted to DM games for 5e but struggled to maintain player interest.) Lately, after attempting to finagle a system more suited for somber dark fantasy out of 5e by using variant rules and a small amount of homebrew, I've begun to suspect that 5e simply isn't made for the kind of fantasy I'm interested in. (I could go into detail on why this is, talk about how its magic system is really only suited for one specific kind of high fantasy, but I'm already rambling here so I'll cut to the chase.) I think Symbaroum is much more closely suited to my interest, and while I have two of the .pdfs (core rulebook, advanced player's guide) I lack the confidence to attempt to GM it myself, as I already struggle to be an adequate GM in my on-and-off 5e game. I think that what I really want to be is a player, and even if I do attempt to GM a game of this down the road, I think having experienced play at least once would be extremely valuable for me. So if you still have a spot open in your game, I would love to join! However, I understand if you don't, and I will keep looking elsewhere. Right now my schedule is fairly open, although my time zone is EST, if that becomes an issue.
    Hi, sure. Limited play experience is fine, all of us started with even less.

Just don't expect anyone of us to have a lot of experience with the Symbaroum rules, we're learning them as we go along.

And yes, Symbaroum is in a way more suitable to certain settings (and has gorgeous artwork).

Characters: See above.

Scheduling games has been a bit tricky, so I suggest using this doodle so we can schedule the next game.

If you want to build your character I can usually have the server open GMT evenings or on the weekend.

Next scheduled game: SAT June 1st 6 PM GMT.
    Last edited by stephan_; May 25th, 2019 at 16:23.

I need a host address in order to connect and make the character in fantasy grounds, yes? If it's simpler, I could just create a character on paper using the rules from the core rulebook, if you like.

Yes, you'll need the FG alias (found under GM Announcements in the game calendar) and the server has to be up. Feel free to build the first version offline but we should arrange some time for you to build the character also on FG at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Yes, you'll need the FG alias (found under GM Announcements in the game calendar) and the server has to be up. Feel free to build the first version offline but we should arrange some time for you to build the character also on FG at a later date.
    Sounds good. I'm available whenever, except for monday nights, so just let me know when a good time is for you.
    Last edited by Afterwalker; May 27th, 2019 at 12:45.

I could have the server up in a few minutes (or usually any other time GMT evenings).

I could have the server up again either this evening or tomorrow.

Next scheduled game June 8th 6 PM GMT.

So how many people are in your campaign? Or is this a new one starting on June 8th? Unfortunately I cannot play on saturday at 6 PM GMT. I have to work every saturday at that time.

Thread Information