Starfinder Playlist

resetMenuItems() not working?

I have a nested (item in a list) windowclass that wants to redefine the set of radial menu items defined by a containing windowclass (window containing the list). I have tried adding resetMenuItems() to this windowclass's onInit() prior to registering new menu items, but I'm still seeing the menu items defined by the containing windowclass.

Note that I am able to modify existing menu items, but what I really want is to have superfluous menu items removed. This is what I was hoping resetMenuItems() would do. But I'm guessing that resetMenuItems() only applies to menu items added by the same windowclass?

Is there a way to get around this menu layering behavior?

EDIT: Seems like an "unregisterMenuItem(nPos)" API might be useful?
    Last edited by darrenan; March 29th, 2022 at 16:36.

Yes, custom menu items must be reset/added in the exact same window class. There's no way to cross window/control boundaries for custom menu item access; so no valid place to have an unregister option since the menus are built in layered order (both native and custom).

Regards,
    JPG

Hmm, so the only solution then is to push all menu item registration down to the lowest possible level and possibly have duplications across windowclasses/controls?

The documentation for onMenuSelection doesn't mention a return value, does this mean that it does not chain up like some of the other handlers do? For instance, can a contained windowclass handle a subset of the menu items and pass any other up to the containing window's handler?

EDIT: Or does the window that defines the menu item automatically only get those selections?
    EDIT2: Confirmed via experimentation. If two nested windowclasses define the same menu item, they each get their own onMenuSelection handler called for those items.
    Last edited by darrenan; March 29th, 2022 at 22:59.

Thread Information