Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: FG conventions

I just asked concerning Cosmic Crittercon (their default description stated "All games will be run on Roll20, with voice chat over Discord."). It is indeed possible to run games on FG but the immediate reponse was "You won't be able to find any players."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    I just asked concerning Cosmic Crittercon (their default description stated "All games will be run on Roll20, with voice chat over Discord."). It is indeed possible to run games on FG but the immediate reponse was "You won't be able to find any players."
    If you have an ultimate license, I doubt that is true. I've run into the same mindset with other cons, and in the end as long as you communicate with the players, it works out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, that has been my experience as well. Apart from that I'm pretty sure I can fill a game by asking regular or semi-regular players. But the consensus among people unfamiliar with FG still seems to be that because no one has used FG in that particular con so far that means no one will use it in the future.

We are at war with Eastasia because we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Yes, that has been my experience as well. Apart from that I'm pretty sure I can fill a game by asking regular or semi-regular players. But the consensus among people unfamiliar with FG still seems to be that because no one has used FG in that particular con so far that means no one will use it in the future.
    Maybe it can be a "here's a chance to try out a new game, a new platform, and meet new players." Although some won't try new things, others might.

EDIT: Jackercon wrote back: "I can change the wording slightly but as it stands the website itself is built to be generic allowing GM's to run on any platform they choose. I think hangouts and roll20 are mentioned as they have been used most in the past. ...Feel free to join the discord where more frequent discussions are had."

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 16th, 2019 at 20:34.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information