Starfinder Playlist

FG unity in person play different views for different chars on one screen?

Hi everyone,

i am interested in FG unity especially for the dynamic lighning.
    I have a group of players playing all together at one table.
    Usually i use two Notebooks (one for me as Gm and one for the player Instance)
    The player instance is shown on a tv and controlls the pc.

Is there a way in FG unity to switch through the different views of the different pc only showing parts of the maps the actual pc can see?

thx for help.

grettings

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

We don't know as SW hasn't directly answered this in the past (perhaps it is still in development) but I think it is safe to assume that whichever PC is active in the player client is the one that will be used for determining LoS (i.e. just like how dice colors are handled now when one client has more than one PC selected). I would also not be surprised if their was a DM options to use a single LoS calculation for all players (i.e. everyone sees the sum total of all PCs) or a second option where one client sees the sum of what all selected PCs can see on that client.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thx for the warm welcome and the very fast reaction.

i will look forward for FG unity.

Blog Entries
    The selected Player token will change the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The selected Player token will change the LOS.
    Is this optional? Can it be set so that players can only see the LoS from their own character?

And, also, I've seen people using the term "Dynamic Lighting" a few times, but I don't think I've seen any videos showing light sources being applied. Are people confusing LoS with Dynamic Lighting or will FGU actually have dynamic light sources at launch?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    Is this optional? Can it be set so that players can only see the LoS from their own character?

And, also, I've seen people using the term "Dynamic Lighting" a few times, but I don't think I've seen any videos showing light sources being applied. Are people confusing LoS with Dynamic Lighting or will FGU actually have dynamic light sources at launch?
    Doug was talking about the view from the client perspective. If your player is playing two chars when they switch between chars their LOS will change.

I dont know the answer about Lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post

I think you are right that 'dynamic light' is beeing used in an missunderstanding type.

In the Doug & David Answer Community Questions About Fantasy Grounds Unity there is an example of the new ability in FGU at minute 36:00. This is about LOS and about fog of war. At 37:50 there is a more specific question about lighning and darkvision and it seems that is not implemented at this point.

Thread Information