5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NYT Article: Why the Cool Kids are Playing Dungeons & Dragons, 6April2019

"So when my friend Kate suggested we start a game of Dungeons & Dragons, I thought, “Yes, I’m going to get together with people face-to-face, without any hearting or retweeting, and we’re going to eat chips and fight those damn cultists who are trying to resurrect the evil, five-headed dragon queen Tiamat.”"

The article focuses on face to face gaming, but thought folks might enjoy the read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/06/o...d-dragons.html
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    It's an interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Shame the times is subscription only so I can't read the article, but I think I got the gist of it from your quote. If is fun to see how much roleplaying is making a big comeback these days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Shame the times is subscription only so I can't read the article, but I think I got the gist of it from your quote. If is fun to see how much roleplaying is making a big comeback these days.
    That article is not behind a paywall. It's all right there if you follow the link.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You can read like 10 articles a month for free. Thanks for posting, LordEntrails...

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That article is not behind a paywall. It's all right there if you follow the link.
    It is behind a paywall for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    It is behind a paywall for me.
    And me
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Maybe they filter by IP and for those outside the contiguous US they paywall it? I don't know...

Apparently, it works by ip, but you get more free articles if you access them from a search engine than if you get linked directly.
    So you may perhaps search for the title via google and try it that way, or perhaps use one of those free vpn's for a sneaky peak.
    Or wait a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Maybe they filter by IP and for those outside the contiguous US they paywall it? I don't know...
    Maybe different systems for different countries, yes; for me in Switzerland the link worked

Thread Information