DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Boxing or Shaded Boxing?

<SOLVED>

I don't recall - at a glance before I head off to sleep now - I checked 5E and AD&D via spot check and didn't see any class windows that used this and I recall heavy PHB use of shaded boxes/breakouts/notes in 5E physical.

It was the last thing I did on Assassins so I just used <table> for now. Any tips on sidebar type stuff for non reference book portions?

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.13.31 AM.png
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 17th, 2019 at 14:02.

Blog Entries
    That's exactly how I do non-refpage sidebars as well.

You can’t have any graphics within a story entry, as this is a single formattedtext control. You’re limited to what is available in that control. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...extcontrol.xcp

One table cell is a nice way to split things out! :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool just wanted to check before got too far ahead using the table way. Thanks

I tried to insert a line break via <p> pair then <br/> & of course the hopeless \n.

If I use the box method, we can only have a single "line" or will have to make several rows which means it won't be only an "outline" box but instead will have lines per row. Any way around this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    I tried to insert a line break via <p> pair then <br/> & of course the hopeless \n.

If I use the box method, we can only have a single "line" or will have to make several rows which means it won't be only an "outline" box but instead will have lines per row. Any way around this?
    You can edit the XML and add

Blog Entries
    Use two ASCII 13's to fake a paragraph break, same as you would in a <frame>.

EDIT: Worked like charm!

I originally forgot can't "/refresh" to access changes, need to close/open my module again (it's in a PHB type mod) thanks again!
    (also, I used a single CR, if I put 2, it looked like too much space between lines)

Any tips on making it look neater? If you notice the first line in the box is indented less from the box margin.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 2.24.46 AM.png

Code:
    					<text type="formattedtext">
    						<h>Assassin</h>
    						<link type="windowreference" class="imagewindow" recordname="image.img_rogue_jpg@DD PHB Deluxe"><b>Image:</b>Assassin</link>
    						<p>Assassins are a rare sub-class of Thieves; they are trained killers, [SNIP]  turn the tide in a desperate combat.</p>
    						<table><tr><td>
    						<b>Prime Attributes:</b>Dexterity, Strength, and Intelligence all 13+ (+5% experience bonus)
    						<b>Hit Dice: </b>1d6/level (Gains 1hp/level after 9th.)
    						<b>Armor/Shield Permitted: </b>Leather armor only, shield permitted.
    						<b>Weapons Permitted: </b>Any.
    						<b>Race: </b>Only humans may be Assassins.
    						</td></tr></table>
    						<p></p>
    						<h>About Assassins</h>
    						<p><b>Alignment:</b> Assassins must be of Neutral or Chaotic alignment. In the Original Game, Assassins[SNIP] later in the book).</p>
    						<h>Table 7: Assassin Advancement Table</h>
    							<table>
    								<tr decoration="underline">
    									<td><b>Level</b></td>
    									<td><b>Experience Points Required for Level</b></td>
    									<td><b>Hit Dice (d6)**</b></td>
    									<td><b>Saving Throw</b></td>
    								</tr>
    								<tr><td>1</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>15</td></tr>

If I add extra CR after first line, it separates the one that is more left justified which might be interpreted as an "intentional" primacy, but I think the first one with the indent is less "jaring" - if no one knows a way to make it look even, what way would you suggest to go?

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 2.39.29 AM.png
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 16th, 2019 at 07:41.

Blog Entries
    Ok, first the reason why this happens, according to @Moon Wizard, is because Fantasy Grounds' implementation of XML does not have CDATA. If you know what that means, you're one up on me. Bottom line is that because of this, MW says FG will automatically place a space character at the point styling (bold, italic, underline) is used. To get around that, you must place the ASCII 13 inside the next line's style tags.

(by the way if someone knows how to escape these ASCII codes within BBCODE, please post it because this drives me up a damn wall trying to fake it)

Code:
    <p><b>Prime Attributes:</b> text here<b>ASCII_13;Hit Dice:</b> text here</p>
    Essentially, you're starting the style on the previous line so when FG places its space, you never see it.
    Last edited by Talyn; April 16th, 2019 at 14:02.

Thread Information